Is this GPU compatible with my motherboard???

I have been saving for an upgrade for my main pc and I was looking around for a new gpu. This one site (I think that its been abandoned) said that the most recent card that i could get for it was a gtx 690, though i want something newer. I have anything in range or the 850-880 and 960-980. I was woundering if anyone could find out if these cards are compatible with my motherboard. Here are my specs.

PSU: 725 watt

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

MotherBoard: pegatron corporation benicia 1.01

RAM: 8Gb DDR2

GPU: Intel G33/G31 (or the integrated intel 3100 graphics, not sure...)

I'd relay appreciate it if someone could help me with this :)

5 minutes ago, VoidPlays said:

I have been saving for an upgrade for my main pc and I was looking around for a new gpu. This one site (I think that its been abandoned) said that the most recent card that i could get for it was a gtx 690, though i want something newer. I have anything in range or the 850-880 and 960-980. I was woundering if anyone could find out if these cards are compatible with my motherboard. Here are my specs.

PSU: 725 watt

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

MotherBoard: pegatron corporation benicia 1.01

RAM: 8Gb DDR2

GPU: Intel G33/G31 (or the integrated intel 3100 graphics, not sure...)

I'd relay appreciate it if someone could help me with this :)

http://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id=892&motherboard=Pegatron%20Benicia%201.01

Per that site ... you motherboard has a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot....so I do not see a reason why it wouldn't run a GTX 960/970/980.  Your CPU will be a bottleneck though.

Ok, i was just just was wanting to ask to make sure that i don't buy a card and end up wasting my money on something that doesn't work.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, VoidPlays said:

Ok, i was just just was wanting to ask to make sure that i don't buy a card and end up wasting my money on something that doesn't work.

Thanks

Please note ... I'm not saying it will definitely work ... I just do not see any reason why it wouldn't base on the specs.  It isn't a very common motherboard ... so information isn't abundant. :)

Save your receipt ... in other words...just in case.

Look at my sig, I'm, using a core 2 quad processor with a gtx 960 with an oc'd clock speed at 1.5ghz. Of course, there will be bottlenecks from the cpu, but overall it runs perfectly fine. 

Oh--- what kind of "725W PSU" ?  

Brand is just as important as wattage claims

You have to always list brand.

A generic chinese-made POS power supply that claims 750W, probably is closer to 450W - and a crappy 450W at that.

I'd just like to chime in and say that with my AM2+ motherboard, I have issues when I put my GTX760 into the top PCI-E slot, however it works in the second slot. Putting it into the top slot seems to bottleneck the system and cause it to not boot, nothing shows up and it stays on black screen with several beeps sounding. So be careful trying to put new GPUs into old motherboards, you may just end up running into issues like mine.

1 hour ago, Vvo said:

Look at my sig, I'm, using a core 2 quad processor with a gtx 960 with an oc'd clock speed at 1.5ghz. Of course, there will be bottlenecks from the cpu, but overall it runs perfectly fine. 

My overclocked core I5 750 is starting to bottleneck my 970 so there's surely a bottleneck with a core 2 duo.

I would certainly not invest in a 980. 960 would be fine.

7 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Oh--- what kind of "725W PSU" ?  

Brand is just as important as wattage claims

You have to always list brand.

A generic chinese-made POS power supply that claims 750W, probably is closer to 450W - and a crappy 450W at that.

It is a sentey xplus PSU.

15 hours ago, VoidPlays said:

It is a sentey xplus PSU.

Did you just make that up ?  Tell me thats a made up name and you're just messing with me.

Regardless - you need to get a real PSU if you're thinking about getting a better gfx card ...

Seasonic, Enermax, antec, corsair - you cant go cheap on a PSU - brand is just as important as the power claim.

If your PSU says its 725 - I promise its a shaky 400W in reality - more than likely a somewhat stable 350W, and when it was in the frosty lab it spiked for 1 plank-time @ 725W so they slapped a 725W sticker on it.. (thats how the generic POS companies get by with selling crap so cheap - its not what it seems)  

You get what you pay for.

I'll be honest at this point i would save more money and upgrade the whole system if he plans to seriously play games with it. The mb looks like crap.

As we can see in the link posted by vvo the core 2 quad q9650 struggles to hit 30 fps at 1080p in some games like Metro Redux even with a 980. I mean the Pentium g3220 beats it in all the games tested. Honestly i have an overclocked i5 750 and i can hardly go over 50-60 fps in most graphical intensive games at 1080p with my 970 and the bottleneck is the cpu no doubt about it. I wont upgrade this computer anymore next time it's a full upgrade because the cpu wont be able to handle the upcoming games.

If he doesn't seriously play games on it and just need to play lol or wow here and there then a 950 ti or something similar might do the job. But anyway even in wow he'll be bottlenecked by the cpu big time when there's more then 30 players around unless he turns down the settings a lot which would make the purchase of a high end gpu a waste. I would certainly no invest too much in his computer not with this mb and cpu.

Edited by LaP