GIANT AntiSpyware is still alive

The guys from Giant company sold this before they sold GAS to MS, a licensed GIANT AntiSpyware clone . :o

Publisher description :

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/counterspy.html

Counter Spy detects and removes adware and spyware from your computer, and also features areal-time protection that alerts you when potential dangers arise, stopping most spyware before it can even install. The program includes a variety of security agents that act as bodyguards to protect areas of your system that are commonly used by malware to hijack your settings, add menu items, change your home page, modify your HOSTS file and much more. If any adware or spyware items are detected during a scan, you are provided with detailed information about the offender and can choose to delete or quarantine the item(s). In addition, Counter Spy includes tools to erase Internet tracks, securely delete files, explore advanced system settings, automatic database updates, scheduled scans and more. The program also integrates with an online community (optional) to report new spyware findings. Great set of features, but scanning a clean XP machine produced 3 false positives.

Related to the former GIANT AntiSpyware product

counterspy.gif

http://www.sunbelt-software.com

It'll be interesting to see what MS does with it.

- if it will be free, then all sorts of Anti-Spyware vendors will complain that MS is after them and wants to crush them and take over the market

- if it will be commercial, then end users will complain and say that MS sucks, "this is just like them" (even though Giant was commercial before) and will say that Spybot or other free ones are "better anyway"

I don't see how MS can win here. But - if it's good, I know I'll be running it.

me too! I hope it won't be too long a wait!

;)

585197773[/snapback]

When it would be release about?

Is it free? or an whole new antispyware system got to be pay?

No wonder they bought it, its a fantastic app. It makes ad aware look like spybot and spybot look like ad hunterS :happy:

Edited by ev0|

It'll be interesting to see what MS does with it.

- if it will be free, then all sorts of Anti-Spyware vendors will complain that MS is after them and wants to crush them and take over the market

- if it will be commercial, then end users will complain and say that MS sucks, "this is just like them" (even though Giant was commercial before) and will say that Spybot or other free ones are "better anyway"

I don't see how MS can win here. But - if it's good, I know I'll be running it.

585192548[/snapback]

I'm absolutely with you on this one.

People complain that Windows doesn't have A/V, AntiSpyware or sophisticated firewall integrated, but if they did, MS's likely to get sued by other companies.

Update , i managed to download all the GiantCompany products from the Giant website  :D :

Giant AntiSpyware

Download

585223713[/snapback]

Does anybody know which build is that?

Edit: it's build 1031

Edited by Molgar

• 6 months later...