[help] blue screen

I was playing a game , when suddenly I got a blue screen , afterwards I checked the Dump file with WinDebug and it showed me :

62717824.jpg

I can't figure out what's the problem...=\

Thx!

System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery Settings - Uncheck "Automatically Restart". If you get another blue screen it will stay up and not reboot. Post the entire contents of that blue screen error here.

please set the Symbol Folder (open WinDbg and press CTRL+S) to

srv*C:\Windows\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

and analyze again.

please set the Symbol Folder (open WinDbg and press CTRL+S) to

srv*C:\Windows\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

and analyze again.

are you sure ? =\

75716694.jpg

could you please zip the dump and upload it?

To do this:

Start > Run > c:\windows\minidump > ok

Locate: Mini071809-01.dmp

Then zip it up (note you can also Zip up a few together, if there are more recent ones)

Then "Upload" (bottom right hand corner in the reply window) the Zip file

We can then analyze the Minidump(s) and hopefully let you know what to do

You may also want to check that you have the latest Audio driver from your hardware manufacture, installed

And that DirectX is also up to date

Sometimes its also a matter of completing all Windows Security Updates and Service Packs too

it is being caused by this file atikmdag.sys which is an ati display driver so remove your graphics drivers but before you do that download the latest ones then download driver sweeper and run it in safe mode to remove all the leftover driver files once you have uninstalled the drivers then reboot into normal mode and install latest ati display drivers.

The fault can be related to Hardware

The first thing you should do is run Bios Setup Defaults (in case you are presently overclocking)

Next confirm your Ram voltage rating is the same as reported in Bios

Next Run Memtest on your Ram

You may also try removing all internal dust in your computer

And re-seat all hardware

If each individual option above does not help, then you may need to set your Ram timings manually in System Bios

Lastly replace your Power Supply (or Ram if found faulty)

The above may take some time for you to do

Please reply back when you have had any change

Since you downloaded an updated driver before you got the blue screen then....thats your problem. Either the driver is buggy or hasn't replaced files properly.

weird.... I just installed 9.7 driver before the blue screen , it's the newest...=\ I'll try to reinstall it..

And you didn't think to mention this before? Just roll back the driver - one of the great features in Vista.

And you didn't think to mention this before? Just roll back the driver - one of the great features in Vista.

How do I do this?

Lastly replace your Power Supply (or Ram if found faulty)

I have E8400 @ 3.8 , 4870X2 , 4 GB mushkin xp redline. It requires a pretty powerful and pretty EXPENSIVE power supply , I can't just find one and replace...

Open Device Manager (start - run - devmgmt.msc). Click on Display Drivers to expand the item then double-click on your display driver to open the Properties window. Click on the Driver Tab then the Rollback Driver Button

you mean this?

98616047.jpg

I tried both 4870X2 , entered their properties , but the Roll Backk was grey , I can't choose it =\\

so...maybe I should just remove the catalyst 9.7 from "uninstall or change a program" , download a new one , and install it again?

Yes, uninstall the current driver and install the new one (get it from the ATI web site, not from Windows Update). Let's see what happens - though it's possible your system just doesn't like the new driver. In that case you'll probably want to uninstall the new driver (again) and install the older one that worked. There is rarely a need to update video drivers unless the new release has a specific fix you need.

start - run - dxdiag & pres ENTER

And my recommendation is the same as before. If the new video driver is causing the problem you should uninstall it and install the older version which, I assume, worked fine.