Sony share price increases by 1.79% after ps4 event, microsoft share decrea

The xbox one event was during the daytime (before the 4pm close of the stock market), the ps4 event was after the stock market closed, that is why there is a massive change in share prices for both companies when the stock market opened the morning after.

hfG5e4j.png

Oh, the good old stock market daily changes posts.

What a "massive change"

It is supposed to show that share holders are not happy with microsoft's console compared to the ps4, i think that is rather news worthy.

• Like 2

If you want hyperbole...Sony crashed hard after Xbox One reveal and now failing to recover after PS4 E3 show

post-62693-0-95881400-1371042049.jpg

or more likely scenario: Pointless thread is pointless. daily trading up-downs doesn't mean anything.

It is supposed to show that share holders are not happy with microsoft's console compared to the ps4, i think that is rather news worthy.

:rofl:

Someone doesn't know anything about the stock market.

Also, MS is approaching a 10 year high, Sony not so much (Stock price is a 3rd of what it was in 2007).

Explain those numbers.

It doesn't make sense to read into stock changes like this.

The stock market fluctuates based on what is currently happening. I sure wouldn't use this to measure long term results.

Sony's stock has been on a slight rise because there is a rumor that the company will be split.

Microsoft's stock is sitting at year long highs and just fluctuating with the market as a whole.

No investor is going to invest or remove their investment based upon the PS4 or Xbox One, you just don't invest that way. They're long term bets anyway.

This is one of those times where you need to learn the difference of "thinking fast" and "thinking slow" - Once you actually step back from your fanboi goggles and look at the market as a whole and evaluate all the metrics facing Sony or Microsoft you will realize how incredibly wrong and short sighted it is to wage so much value on product announcements - especially for products not shipping for MONTHS.

Either way, Sony is a fairly large risk and some people are gambling on the split. Microsoft is pretty stable and the daily fluctuation have been about the same.

Silly story is silly.

Sony's stock also happened to take a hit the day they announced the Playstation 4 back in February, before Microsoft even announced their next console.

Tiny stock fluctuations like this mean nothing.

oh another one of those" I don't understand how stocks work so I draw some random conclusions" threads.

The stock market has very little if anything to do with the real world performance of a company. the stocks is basically a "game" of it's own that runs parallel to the companies daily activities. only in a very general sense do they have any relation.

Wait....You guys mean to tell me that Sony and MS's future doesn't solely hinge on one specific product meant for playing video games and E3 press conferences *don't* impact the stock market?

Mind....Blown!