understanding credential manager in windows 8

I am still do not understand exactly the right meaning or exact job of the credential manager in windows 8.

All I care about is the ability to log in to the computer remotely or from outside the network, is this the job of the credential manager?post-503051-0-30134600-1376211354.png

Credential Manager as far as i am aware is basically the Windows equivalent of Apple's Keychain. If login by remote is enabled, you can simply enter your local login credentials when you connect via remote to your PC. (Passwordless accounts are not allowed for this purpose)

The credential manager does exactly what it says in your screenshot, it is used to store credentials for things you access such as remote network shares.

With Windows 8 Microsoft have tried to push people into using "Microsoft accounts" instead of the traditional local type of account. If you use a local account, like I chose to, you still have to give a set of Microsoft account credentials (created through their website) to the app store. These credentials are then stored in the credential manager.

This feature has nothing to do with remotely accessing your device, which you would use your existing login credentials for.

Are you on the same network as the computer that you are connecting to (or connecting over VPN)? Check the firewall settings on the computer that you are connecting to and make sure that "Remote Desktop" is allowed (or temporarily turn off the firewall for testing). You can also try connecting to the target computer by its IP instead of host name.

Are you on the same network as the computer that you are connecting to (or connecting over VPN)? Check the firewall settings on the computer that you are connecting to and make sure that "Remote Desktop" is allowed (or temporarily turn off the firewall for testing). You can also try connecting to the target computer by its IP instead of host name.

Yes in the same network.

firewall is disabled.

remote desktop is enabled.

please check  the print screen above.

Just to be sure, that System Properties screenshot is from your SERVER, not your HOST, right?

all computers in the local network have this settings.

in a previous thread I've been advised to connect all computers to a hub or switch and this will make all computers connected to a network.

this is what I did and right now on all computers.

Can you show the results of an ipconfig /all on both the server and PC you want to use to connect to the server?

Can you ping the IP address and/or the host name of the server from the PC?

What is your DHCP server, router or the server? Have you checked that there is only one on your network?