My bottom DS screen has a different Hue

Hi all!

Topic is pretty self-explanitory. I bought a Nintendo DS system around 6 weeks ago, and already have notices a yellowish hue has appeared on the bottom screen. I don't get the pure white that I get on the top DS Lite screen. Does anyone else notice this.

It's not a major problem, but If it's a defect I'd love to get it changed.

I'm in the UK

cheers

Dan

Mine is the same way. I don't notice on games that use a lot of color on the bottom screen. I think the top screen has higher color contrast then the bottom screen all together.

The screen doesn't look as yellow if I look directly at it but worse at angles. If I hold the unit verticle like you do in brain age, the screen looks really yellow! Game designers should take note and avoid mostly white screens on the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just you, but the tint is not normal either.

It is a defect of the screens. Unless it is a severe discoloration it's not so bad though, certainly better than stuck and dead pixels. And of course the cracking hinge.

It's normal for the bottom screen to have a slightly different color than the top one because it's a touch screen. It's also not quite as clear. It was the same with the regular DS too; it just wasn't as noticable because the screens were much darker.

Best if you turn the flash off on your camera if you want to take a picture of an LCD screen.

I don't know how :blush: I'll have a delve into the options later but yeh,

does anyone reckon I should bother taking it back to the shop where I bought as they'll (reluctantly) take it back if I show them the pic I posted here... is it worth it or will all DS's have this problem, I don't notice it when I'm playing as I'm like, in the game, but like when I'm not playing it's annoying (if only slightly).