"New" Xbox 360 Logo swirl?

I've been watching videos on my Xbox from the E3 event this week and have noticed at the end of the video with the Xbox 360 logo would normally just pulsate and now has that swirl of colors that are on the new box design for the Xbox 360 and has a new sound.

Does anyone know if this is going to replace the startup logo?

Yes, a new dashboard update should be coming out when Kinect is released and the start up should change to the swirl one, not sure if anything else is coming out though within that dashboard update.

Neat, I will look forward to it despite it being only a logo update. It also has a nice surround sound type swirl- sounds fresh over my speakers. :p

The swirl is neat! (Y) Though I enjoyed the Pulse too, the synchronization with the rings of light in front of the console on startup.

I like the new swirl, it makes it feel all fresh and new again.

Neat, I will look forward to it despite it being only a logo update. It also has a nice surround sound type swirl- sounds fresh over my speakers. :p

Yea, I quite like it too! :D

Yeah I thought it was pretty cool, was hoping that when I get the 360 S that it would have this in it already.

It wont as stated at E3 when people did unboxing, but It will be released soon. I guess because these new xbox's were made a couple of months back before they had fully finished designing the new logo

Wow, is it just me and "Swirl" combined with "360" is bringing back memories of really bad music in the late 90s?

Haven't seen this swirl yet... Can someone post a link? Sort of away from my 360 right now...

Here's a screen capture of it in action however to hear it/see it I'd watch the video on Xbox.com for the Kinect previews or watch it on your Xbox if you have a surround sound system.

post-116484-1276703229144.png

Wow, is it just me and "Swirl" combined with "360" is bringing back memories of really bad music in the late 90s?

Haven't seen this swirl yet... Can someone post a link? Sort of away from my 360 right now...

The start of this video has it on. ;)

The start of this video has it on. ;)

holy crap, that 'circle' effect you get when you select something is the same as my touchscreen on windows 7

when you hold your finger still on something, that same clockwise circle comes up and it acts as a right click

anyway, about that video...i wonder if the 360 would ever do 3d? since they used Alice as an example... plus the swirl would look awesome in 3d, not to mention having a depth to the menus etc would make so much more sense than sliding a hand-shaped cursor around a flat screen...

Awesome thanks Breakeven. I like it also !! Looks cool

Yeah, it does look a lot fresher than the old one.

This discussion reminds me of something out of Seinfeld.

I have no idea what Seinfield is :unsure:

I have no idea what Seinfield is :unsure:

It is an American TV show, basically the all the episodes are about "nothing". They talk about various day to day stuff that you wouldn't normally discuss. It was a really funny show.

It is an American TV show, basically the all the episodes are about "nothing". They talk about various day to day stuff that you wouldn't normally discuss. It was a really funny show.

I see, but how does that relate to this topic :laugh:

What? This is a new animation they are doing? I didn't hear anything about that until now. I think it looks cheap compared to the original.

I see, but how does that relate to this topic :laugh:

You have to have watched the show to understand :p

"Did you start with the swirl?"

What? This is a new animation they are doing? I didn't hear anything about that until now. I think it looks cheap compared to the original.

Seriously? I think it looks pretty cool, Im sure you will grow to love it.

Seriously? I think it looks pretty cool, Im sure you will grow to love it.

I dunno, I'll have to watch it on my Xbox later on a big screen rather than a little YouTube window to really see it. If it just replace the glow at the end of Xbox commercials, that wouldn't be as bad, but I don't think it looks as good as the current boot up.

More importantly I really just won't care, haha. I'm not worried about the brand's animation as much as I am the game itself.