Windows 7 Sidebar Gadgets

Since Windows 7 has the sidebar and the gadgets turned off by default, it seems like the gadget universe has gone away.

I'm wondering which, if any, gadgets you guys have running right now or use at all?

If you are running Windows an haven't heard about them, here is a link to the most downloaded ones.

http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?bt=1&pl=1&ds=2&la=en&tier=0&st=5&p=1&c=0

or just the Sidebar in general... http://gallery.live.com/default.aspx?pl=1

e-berlin_000025.png

I'm only using Multi Sensor v1.1 by BetaNetwork to monitor my temperatures (or fan RPM, or voltage if set).

The gadget relies on Everest Ultimate to do the monitoring.

The gadget is written for Vista, but I successfully run it on Windows 7 x64, no probs at all.

Interesting supposition. False, but interesting.

I was just guessing because it isn't a big deal anymore and i see few desktops on here in the screen shot gallery with the sidebar gadgets. Mostly rainmeter and such. So how am i False?

ScottKin that is epic! haha

Do you guys think there should be better gadgets by now? I mean in the way they should be more polished and be mini apps or function as good looking as rainmeter does?

I don't use gadgets mainly because I haven't really found any gadgets that are useful to me. Although, I might start looking around for some and take advantage of the Gadgets feature.

None of my friends use the Gadgets feature either for the same reason.

Yeah, who uses those silly Sidebar Gadgets anymore?

scottdesk.jpg

:whistle:

--ScottKin

Wow, you talk about clutter! That bugs my OCD, lol.....aren't the majority of those rainmeter skins anyway?

Wow, you talk about clutter! That bugs my OCD, lol.....aren't the majority of those rainmeter skins anyway?

The only things that are *not* Windows Gadgets are the two transparent boxes on the main screen that say "In Work" and "Projects". My system is dual-screen, with the top 17" monitor to handle all of my system stats and info in order to clean-up my main 26" Screen.

--ScottKin

Sorry bro, just my opinion but that looks terrible. I would use rainmeter more for a cleaner interface. That desktop is the equivalent of a bad case of "hoarding".

I've got both gadgets and desktop icons switched off. Since moving to Windows 7 and getting used to the new superbar, I've learned to get the date from the bottom right instead of the gadget.

I've got both gadgets and desktop icons switched off. Since moving to Windows 7 and getting used to the new superbar, I've learned to get the date from the bottom right instead of the gadget.

Interesting since your avatar is the default clock gadget.

I would probably use the Windows Gadgets if there were a wider and better range. It seems like they never took off that much, that and I wish they kept the sidebar prominent and advanced that!

I would probably use the Windows Gadgets if there were a wider and better range. It seems like they never took off that much, that and I wish they kept the sidebar prominent and advanced that!

What would have been better was for them to keep the ORIGINAL Sidebar from the early Longhorn releases - you know, the one with what appeared to be integrated Windows Communicator / Outlook / Calendar / News, etc? Desktop Sidebar and SmartBarXP came close to emulating that design, but sadly the changes made between Longhorn and Vista pretty much neutered the original Sidebar.

--ScottKin

What would have been better was for them to keep the ORIGINAL Sidebar from the early Longhorn releases - you know, the one with what appeared to be integrated Windows Communicator / Outlook / Calendar / News, etc? Desktop Sidebar and SmartBarXP came close to emulating that design, but sadly the changes made between Longhorn and Vista pretty much neutered the original Sidebar.

Very true, now that would of been awesome!