possiblepsp3000502273ku.jpg

possiblepsp3000602271hc.jpg

possiblepsp3000702272cd.jpg

possiblepsp3000802270yq.jpg

possiblepsp3000902272ta.jpg

possiblepsp3001002276xv.jpg

possiblepsp3001102274kw.jpg

possiblepsp3001202278fu.jpg

We can see from the pictures that the possible new firmware will come with several applications like "Sony Mail", "SonyPaint", "Alarmclock", "Sony Organiser" and "Writepad". A music store function is integrated into the "WWW" menu. Under the "Game" menu, a "PS3" hard disk menu item was added (we can see that a USB cable was connected at the time... Guessing, does the PSP need to communicate with the PS3 via USB interface? Maybe there will be a "PS3" icon under the "Video", "Music" and "Photo" menu too?). The "Memory Stick" icon under the "Game" menu was replaced with a strange icon at the bottom. Could it be the same old "Memory Stick" icon, or is it something new? Maybe Sony has finally decided to exterminate the way to run things from Memory Stick? Also, the thing still missing is the GPS support. Maybe Sony hasn't been able to make up its mind to add it to the PSP?

We cross our fingers on these pictures... and of course, the coming firmware update too

Source:

PSP Updates

Edited by Mhi

Katjana from Official PSP Community has released a bunch of new firmware 3.00 pictures yesterday. I should say these pictures look much more legit to me than the old ones. As the PS3 is coming, it is possible for the PSP to get a total facelift to be style-consistent with the PS3. So... Can we say that the PS3 interface will look similar to this one...?

Possible_PSP3.00_01_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_02_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_03_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_04_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_05_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_06_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_07_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_08_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_09_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_10_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_11_0227.jpg

Possible_PSP3.00_12_0227.jpg

We can see from the pictures that the possible new firmware will come with several applications like "Sony Mail", "SonyPaint", "Alarmclock", "Sony Organiser" and "Writepad". A music store function is integrated into the "WWW" menu. Under the "Game" menu, a "PS3" hard disk menu item was added (we can see that a USB cable was connected at the time... Guessing, does the PSP need to communicate with the PS3 via USB interface? Maybe there will be a "PS3" icon under the "Video", "Music" and "Photo" menu too?). The "Memory Stick" icon under the "Game" menu was replaced with a strange icon at the bottom. Could it be the same old "Memory Stick" icon, or is it something new? Maybe Sony has finally decided to exterminate the way to run things from Memory Stick? Also, the thing still missing is the GPS support. Maybe Sony hasn't been able to make up its mind to add it to the PSP?

We cross our fingers on these pictures... and of course, the coming firmware update too

Source:

PSP Updates

All I see is red x!

Actually they are link protected, so copy and paste the URL in a new window and they work.

Cool hehe

I think Sony does need to do this, at least to get me to use My PSP again. Mine is kinda just hanging out right now. I fired up a Lumines game awhile ago, but haven't finished it. I know it's a game machine, but this other functionality is cool. I'll probably start playing again when the new Katamari game comes out.

Thats why they weren't working I could only attach one.

EDIT: lol planetik I just did that.

I think if they are already commiting to PS3 support shows how soon the console is gonna be ready.

Edited by Mhi

I don't see how it could be a fake. The Icons look pretty good to me, I've had a PSP and those icons look like what Sony's PSP icons are actually. People just don't think Sony could be capable of such thing, thats all.

"Organiser" lol... anybody else notice that? :laugh:

huh: why's that funny?

If you are on about the spelling, to us in the uk, organiser is the correct spelling, it's just the american way of spelling it is with a z, so organizer.

So there's nothing funny about it.

All I see is red x!

Hey pjohue here, I'm new at this so be patient, I have a PSP 1001 and down WHILE DOWN LOADING GAMES MY psp LOCKED UP. My screen is locked on the games screen. Question is, iS THERE a Reset?

I've shut it down took the battery out replaced the car evything but I can't free it up. What can I do?

:x Pjohue

Hey pjohue here, I'm new at this so be patient, I have a PSP 1001 and down WHILE DOWN LOADING GAMES MY psp LOCKED UP. My screen is locked on the games screen. Question is, iS THERE a Reset?

I've shut it down took the battery out replaced the car evything but I can't free it up. What can I do?

:x Pjohue

what are you talking about?? i don't think you're allowed to talke about this stuff here man.

FAKE.

Why? PS3 text

The PS3 uses the Spider-Man 2 font for its logo, not the old PS2 one.

Also, notice the background, which is always moving on PSP, changes only a couple times in all of those shots. Shots that are closer up of a previous shot the background hasn't moved at all.

possiblepsp3001202278fu.jpg

don't matter if its fake or not, Sony will come out with a rushed 3.00 as they need to update syscalls due to MPH's recent discoveries, probably leaving holes they don't intend to. :p

i dont care if its real or not im not switching to it only if it supports Homebrew and also i dont think 3.0 will come out any time soon not untill after PS3 is realised

i dont care if its real or not im not switching to it only if it supports Homebrew and also i dont think 3.0 will come out any time soon not untill after PS3 is realised