Corel Paint Shop Pro X FREE!

Question

I thought that was Corel WordPerfect?

PSP is supposed to be a staple of industry (for some, anyway...) but it seems to me that Adobe products have eclipsed it in use.

:)

Paint Shop Pro went downhill when Corel took it over. I found this out when I bought version 10 and I went back to using version 7.

However since version 10, they've fixed it back up again (by version 12.50 which I what I'm using now).

I still use PSP. I've been using it for as long as I can remember, and it works well for the few things I need it for (touching up photos or doing quick fixes during web development). I know most people use Photoshop nowadays... but I still love PSP even after being bought out and going through some neglect from Corel.

The catch is that it adds a "spyware" service called PSIservice, which calls home to Corel - even after Paint Shop Pro is uninstalled apparently.

The catch is that it adds a "spyware" service called PSIservice, which calls home to Corel - even after Paint Shop Pro is uninstalled apparently.

No, that was not added until version XI.

I still use PSP7 regularly. Never liked the newer versions. But I'll take this if they're giving it away :)

It is a shame that PSP7.04 doesn't work right on Windows Vista x64, or I would use it as well.

I have always liked it over APS.

No, that was not added until version XI.

Well, it "was" present in the version I downloaded (X).

It is a shame that PSP7.04 doesn't work right on Windows Vista x64, or I would use it as well.

I have always liked it over APS.

What problems are you having? I'm using it on Win 7 RC x64.

I have X and it works fine in Win 7 RC (6001) and I do not have any PSI service running ...

Companies often give away older versions of their products to entice people to upgrade to their latest version. WinRAR did this a while back also.

:yes:

I got Paint Shop Pro 5 for free a long time ago, I think it's time for a upgrade. :laugh:

I installed it in an XP VM. It does install the ProtexisLicensing service and PSP X won't run if you stop or disable it. Also you get a nag box when you close the program offering you a discount upgrade to PSP XI. You can schedule it to pop up every 7, 14 or 30 days but you can't disable it (and after setting it to 30 days it still pops up every time).

I installed it in an XP VM. It does install the ProtexisLicensing service and PSP X won't run if you stop or disable it. Also you get a nag box when you close the program offering you a discount upgrade to PSP XI. You can schedule it to pop up every 7, 14 or 30 days but you can't disable it (and after setting it to 30 days it still pops up every time).

goodie. I'll also install it onto an XP VM and toy around with it.

To remove the nag screen do this.

Step-1:

After installing the program open the following file in Notepad,

C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro X\PCUUI\Container.htm

Step-2:

Select all (Ctrl A key) and delete the entire text.

Step-3:

Insert the following text,

<script type="text/javascript">

location="pcucmd://Cancel?confirm=no";

</script>

Step-4:

Save and close the file.

NOTE: you may have to copy the file onto the desktop to edit it if you get access denied, then copy it back.

Source