Microsoft to remove the Calculator from Windows

The country Repeou threatens Microsoft to pay a fine as much as 10 percent of its global annual sales for monopoly defenses. The software giant is abusing its monopoly power by bundling several applications such as the Calculator and Paint with Windows.

The process against Microsoft was started by the company named Nisbum. Nisbum developed a great calculator but doesn't see a chance to sell this great product to the masses as long as Microsoft bundles the Calculator with Windows.

According to Repeou, Microsoft must offer at least two separate versions of Windows, one version without the Calculator.

Repeou is giving Microsoft a last opportunity to comment before the case is concluded.

:rofl:

"This article is satire"

http://weblogs.asp.net/cnagel/archive/2004/03/25/95814.aspx

Dumbest thing ive ever heard. Its not like calc.exe is this ubertool that can do everything, there is TONS of room for improvment. Make a product worth buying and we will.

Besides they honestly think there wont be a free open source solution within hours if they did take it out?

Dumbest thing ive ever heard. Its not like calc.exe is this ubertool that can do everything, there is TONS of room for improvment. Make a product worth buying and we will.

Besides they honestly think there wont be a free open source solution within hours if they did take it out?

errr... ugh?

fjv. :huh:

Please, please tell me you are joking.

sat?ire    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (str)

n.

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.>

2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.

2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.>

Its so funny people don't even bother to check the forum, source or anything an about an article that is posted. I love the serious replies, so funny

LAME!!!!

Even if anyone come up with any super-good calculator app, I will never ever buy it!

Feels better tap on the real thing.

Are they going to threaten Apple next?

Thats ridiculous! Everyone want to sue Microsoft for every aspect of there products!

Mac OSX and Linux does the same thing! If you wish not to install the calc you can! If you want to install another calc you can!

This is becoming really annoying!! Next : Some company sues Microsoft for its monopoly with notepad or wordpad...

I'am getting sick of all these stupid little companies sueing Microsoft over anything they think will stop them from selling their products. If their product is so good how come I have never heard of it? I wish Microsoft would just buy these small companies so they would stop sueing every tom dick and harry.

guess I'll have to use google if they do this ;) hah

hey....i never knew google had a calculator..the ms calculator is so easy to use...if they ever took it out i'd be dead...simple win+r and then calc...so easy to access! and i dont get the nisbum part either :p