Windows Vista SP2 install error

When I try to install Windows Vista SP2 it install completely and then when its 100% finished it says some error occured and rolls back the full sp2 installation. This is the error code: 0xc004f013.

Thanks

Yes, I installed it some months ago.

Did the update install KB955430: Vista SP2 Servicing Stack......

If so and SP2 failed to install, restart and bring up windows update: check for updates

you should see: KB947821: System Update Readiness Tool Vista

Install it

It will take some time and pause at 60%, do not close, it is still working to fix and update, it may take as long as 45 minutes

If you do not see this update go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

After it completes reboot check for updates and SP2 will be there, install, enjoy....

Did the update install KB955430: Vista SP2 Servicing Stack......

If so and SP2 failed to install, restart and bring up windows update: check for updates

you should see: KB947821: System Update Readiness Tool Vista

Install it

It will take some time and pause at 60%, do not close, it is still working to fix and update, it may take as long as 45 minutes

If you do not see this update go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

After it completes reboot check for updates and SP2 will be there, install, enjoy....

It does not work CyPheRToXiC. SP2 installs all the way and then says install fail and rolls back.

I'm having the same problem, I get that error and can't actually get SP2 installed. :(

When I try to install Windows Vista SP2 it install completely and then when its 99% finished it says some error occured and rolls back the full sp2 installation.

I have.

Windows Vista SP1 x64

RAM 4 GB DDR2

Any fix??? please?

• 1 month later...

I've registered to post a potential solution: (At least that worked for me)

1.Make sure that your Windows clock's time is correct.

2.Go to the Start menu, Type Cmd in the search box, Right-click the CMD shortcut & select Run as administrator

Type the following command and press enter:

slmgr.vbs -rearm

Please wait about 1 minute and don't re enter the command. You should receive a message dialog.

Then, Just restart the computer and run the SP2 setup once again. Should work.

Thanks kpo6969 & vistausr your tip did the trick, Still I don't understand why one should use slmgr.vbs -rearm when my Windows is acrivated. Maybe because it has been installed for more than a year perhaps?

But anyway thanks :)

Thanks kpo6969 & vistausr your tip did the trick, Still I don't understand why one should use slmgr.vbs -rearm when my Windows is acrivated. Maybe because it has been installed for more than a year perhaps?

But anyway thanks :)

In my case what happened was because I installed v105, uninstalled and installed v113, uninstalled v113 thinking it was a newer build, which it wasn't. When I went to reinstall v113 is when I had the problem. I also had to reactivate Windows also, which I did online with no issues.

I've registered to post a potential solution: (At least that worked for me)

1.Make sure that your Windows clock's time is correct.

2.Go to the Start menu, Type Cmd in the search box, Right-click the CMD shortcut & select Run as administrator

Type the following command and press enter:

slmgr.vbs -rearm

Please wait about 1 minute and don't re enter the command. You should receive a message dialog.

Then, Just restart the computer and run the SP2 setup once again. Should work.

Thank you very much. I'm not sure why this was an issue for me (legally purchased and registered version, etc.), but your trick fixed it right up. So far, I'm loving SP2. No bugs that I come across, and this finally fixes the issues I was having with the RSS sidebar gadget.

• 5 months later...

I am also having problems w/ installing SP2 (Vista Home Premium that came pre-installed on a Dell laptop I purchased in Dec-08. I've tried the fixes suggested in this thread, and I still get the same error; it pops up very shortly after I agree to the license agreement:

The parameter is incorrect

(Details)

Error: ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER(0x80070057)

---------------------------

I have disabled Kaspersky Internet Security when trying to install. Can any kind soul lead me in the right direction?