TUF 14: Team Bisping vs Team Mayhem

11 members have voted

1. 1. UK or USA?

• Team Bisping
    • Team Mayhem

The style of very strong wrestling coupled with generous doses of good kickboxing? TAM is a very good camp for the lighter weightclasses and if they fight like Faber they're pretty much in clear. There aren't many guys around that are beating Faber. And even less guys are beating Chad Mendes. Caraway is at a disadvantage not because of his style but from his lack of mental fortitude. If he can get Diego to the ground without getting his face smashed in the process, he can grind out a win.

They are good but they are so cloned now you can see exactly what they do all the time. You can time TJ pretty easily. Just look at his 3 punch combo he landed. Right, missed overshot left, and leaping overhand right. They all do that. It landed but his opponent lacked heart as you stated. Even their leg kicks should be easily timed at this point. Faber got figured out now, I think you will see more guys picking him apart in the future. Mendes is the new beast but his chin will be tested against Aldo. Mendes will have to wrestlef**k Aldo for 5 rounds. Not looking forward to that tbh.

The FW finals will probably be TJ vs Fitch, unless Dustin Pague has improved a ton while in the house. For he can do everything through Christ and all that.

Skipping over the nonsense, let's talk about the fight. It looked like it was replaying the same spot over and over. Bermudez went for a takedown from too far away, got stuffed, stood in the pocket and got tagged by Akira. Rinse and repeat. Christ dude, take a hint. He finally gets Akira down and this time he squeezes until the referee sees the tap. Smart boy. Akira didn't even knew that he had lost. What a scene. All that is left is to see how Caraway handles Brand?o and we have the FW finals.

TJ's fight would make Fitch proud. He did crack him with some good elbows but he didn't do anything else but hold him down in guard and half-guard. Meh.

• Like 1

TJ's fight would make Fitch proud. He did crack him with some good elbows but he didn't do anything else but hold him down in guard and half-guard. Meh.

Yeah, now I'm rooting for him to lose even more.

He's either fighting BW Fitch aka Johnny Bedford or Dodson. If it's BW Fitch they'll probably grind on each other the whole fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Dodson did exactly what he said he would do. Every exchange on the outside ended up with him winning it. On the inside, it was even worse with Bedford getting tagged all over. I guess that knee early in R1 kept Bedford from trying to drive for a takedown but when he did, Dodson scrambled out easily. BW Fitch without wrestling is like WW Fitch without wrestling: can't win. Maybe he'll still fight in the finale.

HOLY ****! Caraway took an incredible beating for over a minute. Surprised he wasn't KO'ed outright. That final shot was a mercy kill. When he saw that he couldn't get Diego to the ground, it was pretty much over. Diego's leg kicks were smashing his lead leg to bits. Bermudez better get his wrestling into high gear because there is no way he's standing up with this guy.

Card for the Finale: I'm thinking T.J., Brand?o and... Bisping. It's can't shake this feeling I have that Miller won't be up to par after a year without fighting. I hope I end up wrong.

Preliminary card

Marcus Brimage vs. Stephen Bass

Dustin Pague vs. John Albert

Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson

Steven Siler vs. Josh Clopton

Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace

Main card

Johnny Bedford vs.Louis Gaudinot

Tony Ferguson vs. Yves Edwards

T.J. Dillashaw vs. John Dodson

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao

Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller

I'll go with the opposite. I think Dodson will be too slick for TJ. Brandao will let the hype get to his head and Bermudez will smother him. Not sure about Miller, seems focused, I just want the local boy to shut Bisping down.

Dodson has more fights under the belt than T.J, sure. He's energetic, fast but TJ is no slouch and Dodson was taken down by a much inferior grappler. Usually vicious strikers like Brand?o go far in the UFC and I really don't see Bermudez stopping him. Wrestling or no wrestling, while the fight is still standing Brand?o has a massive advantage. Case in point, the leg kicks against Caraway. Pretty much like what Aldo did to Faber. Bermudez is still pretty green.

Bermudez is green and no vicious striker by any means, but he is strong as an ox once he grabs you. I like Brandao and his style, much more on the lines of what I like to see in fights. Not a fan of LNP. Dodson is better all around as well. TJ is not my fav but I'm an anit-alpha male MMA type anyways...

Bermudez is green and no vicious striker by any means, but he is strong as an ox once he grabs you. I like Brandao and his style, much more on the lines of what I like to see in fights. Not a fan of LNP. Dodson is better all around as well. TJ is not my fav but I'm an anit-alpha male MMA type anyways...

Go to 2:30 for the money shot.

Go to 2:30 for the money shot.

Saw that, its all over the place. Not sold still, the dude he fought lacks a bit of skill no? I still like to cheer on Bermudez, he got that dead look in his eyes. Could be the dead look from getting rocked often but oh well lol

Saw that, its all over the place. Not sold still, the dude he fought lacks a bit of skill no? I still like to cheer on Bermudez, he got that dead look in his eyes. Could be the dead look from getting rocked often but oh well lol

Let's not forget he has a kid (that probably isn't his), providing him with a heart-warming story about the importance of planned parenting. BUT DIEGO WANTS TO GOES TO BRASIL TO BUYS HOUSE FOR HIS MOM AND HELPS OUTS LOTS OF PEOPLE. Better life narrative, stronger puncher and rage. Tons of it. About everything. He accused Bermudez of talking trash but Bermudez is quiet as a mouse with zero to no TV time. Bermudez is 7-2 but he lost his last 2 fights. Brand?o trains out of Jackson MMA and is 13-7. If Bermudez wins it will be by freak upset like Brand?o punching himself out.

Also, the last guy to KO everyone on his way to the TUF Finale is also fighting on this card. Tony Ferguson. I wonder if Brand?o will drop a weightclass if he gets it. Dodson could surely fight at Flyweight. He looks like a tall midget.

A general note: why do these people keep rolling for leglocks? If your name isn't Paul Harris or Hermes Franca, just don't do it. It's a pretty dumb move that leaves you on your back with your opponent on top position. Knee on belly rape position most of the times.

Preliminary card

Marcus Brimage vs. Stephen Bass - Didn't watch.

Dustin Pague vs. John Albert - The "weakest" guy in the season gets a win in the Finale. Not bad. He had the arm perfectly controlled, I don't know why he just didn't compression-lock it for the submission. Saying watch out at the end of the fight, how cute of him.

Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson - Didn't watch.

Steven Siler vs. Josh Clopton - Didn't watch.

Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace - Didn't watch.

Main card

Johnny Bedford vs.Louis Gaudinot - Gaudinot couldn't defend a takedown to save his life. Fitch did what he knows best. Bedford almost lost himself the fight with those kicks to the body on the ground. Why risk the DQ when you're absolutely dominating the other guy? Oh well, more BW fodder.

Tony Ferguson vs. Yves Edwards - Very good fight, both guys have tremendous chins and great striking. Both had chances to get the KO win but held on and fought it out. It could have gone either way but Tony had the edge. Still, this showed some gaps in Ferguson's game. A good chin can only carry you so far, especially in the LW division. His roll into an omoplata was pretty brilliant but he couldn't finish it correctly and that left him in a precarious position. Maybe he should fight someone mid-tier next like Tibau perhaps.

T.J. Dillashaw vs. John Dodson - For me it was an early stoppage. Dodson didn't even get 3 punches in and TJ was still rolling into guard when Herb stopped it. He was woozy, sure, but he still in the fight. Oh well, Dodson is surely cutting to Flyweight as soon as it opens up.

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao - Got this one right. I admit that I was already thinking I was going 0-3 when Bermudez got the knock down but damn, that was a vicious armbar. Who the hell could have guessed that Brand?o would win by submission? I know BJJ is pretty much an universal stapple now but Brand?o was the last guy I expected to pull that kind of sub from his back after a knockdown.

Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller - Miller looked like ****. He triangled Bisping's legs in the 1st round but didn't do anything significant with it. Rogan was fellating him for his "mount" but he didn't do anything to hinder Bisping. Bisping also had his idiot moments, like throwing a head kick to a downed opponent. Almost DQ there. This isn't the Rivera fight, you don't know if you're going to get the KO. Bisping was fighting smart and pacing himself, he didn't need to do that. Luckily for him, he missed. What was Miller thinking in the 2nd round: gassed and challenging Bisping to unload on him? Bisping was having his way with ease, knees to the head, body punches, whatever he wanted. 3rd round, rinse and repeat. Bisping is now dodging every takedown and unloading on Miller's face. Miller was gassed to all hell (ring rust being a pretty clear factor). Mazzagatti mercily calls the fight and Bisping by TKO. Sorry Miller, back to MTV for you. Bisping gets a boost in his title aspirations and will probably face Mu?oz (or Chael Sonnen). Despite the fact that losing to Bisping shouldn't shame anyone (he's a Top 10 MW), the way in which Miller lost doesn't do him any favors and he joins the long list of Strikeforce transfer who fizzled out. Seeing how Miller generally fought in Japan, we can also chalk this up to the japanese curse of can-crushing hype-building champions. Overeem... you're next.

Mu?oz and Sonnen are facing each other at UFC on FOX 2. So... does this mean that Bisping is next for Anderson Silva?? :s (No.)

Damn, that arm bar was slick. You must of been squeezing a little in that Bermudez fight, I thought he had Brandao for sure. Miller was a huge disappointment as well. My 8 year old has better striking wtf?

Damn, that arm bar was slick. You must of been squeezing a little in that Bermudez fight, I thought he had Brandao for sure. Miller was a huge disappointment as well. My 8 year old has better striking wtf?

Yes, I thought Bermudez had Brand?o's number for a moment there :rofl: As for Miller's striking, he's always been known as a good grappler but this fight was lackluster in all aspects. Blogs are saying that Dana isn't very inclined to give him a second chance in the octagon. Man, just scrap Yoshihiro Akiyama's fight and have Miller fight Jake Shields at MW. Loser of that gets cut and winner faces Akiyama.

Yes, I thought Bermudez had Brand?o's number for a moment there :rofl: As for Miller's striking, he's always been known as a good grappler but this fight was lackluster in all aspects. Blogs are saying that Dana isn't very inclined to give him a second chance in the octagon. Man, just scrap Yoshihiro Akiyama's fight and have Miller fight Jake Shields at MW. Loser of that gets cut and winner faces Akiyama.

Thats a good idea. Its alarming that Shields striking looks better than Millers at this point :s

Wanted to add, TJ just solidified his mirror imaging minus the talent of Urijah. Can't stand that. Now we have to watch a season of TUF with both Cruz and Urijah too?, arrghhhh!!!!

Wanted to add, TJ just solidified his mirror imaging minus the talent of Urijah. Can't stand that. Now we have to watch a season of TUF with both Cruz and Urijah too?, arrghhhh!!!!

Blame Brian Bowles. Had he beaten Faber, he would get the next title shot and the TUF season. I'm pretty happy about TUF 15. I already wanted Faber vs Cruz for the 14th season because the ideal MW season is Bisping vs Sonnen.

I'd rather have anybody but Bisping again. Since Anderson CAN speak english, should be Sonnen vs Anderson. That would be comedy.