New Icons in OSX Lion

the same nice glossy icons you, as a mac user are familiar with. They will welcome you back in osx lion.

I've only seen 3 new icons, the ones with the brushed silver finish.

Right, start from the beginning, and slowly explain to us what it is that you're asking for? What have you seen to make you think that there are new icons? What were the new icons that you have seen for? Were they 3rd party applications, or a part of OS X?

EDIT: Heck, a picture of the three icons that you're talking about would at least be something to go on...

I think my OP was clear but if not, try this:

Are there any new or updated icons in OSX Lion that are not in OSX Snow Leopard? If so, can you tell me what they are or even post them?

Here are some of the new icons I found:

post-360412-0-94156700-1308133323.png post-360412-0-38403600-1308133450.png post-360412-0-42719200-1308133502.png post-360412-0-91987200-1308133546.png post-360412-0-16125300-1308133570.png post-360412-0-56291800-1308133579.png post-360412-0-33420000-1308133587.png post-360412-0-68711600-1308133628.png post-360412-0-08430200-1308133660.png

And surely, you've already seen the brushed silver icons. IF not do you recognize this from the presentation?

post-360412-0-63621200-1308133609.png

The only major change in Mac OS X Lion is when it comes to icons are those used in sidebars. Those are grey instead of colored now. Beyond that no real changes to the system icon set.

I quite like the colored icons in the sidebar :(

@Brian Miller... I'm not so sure posting copyrighted icons from an OS under NDA straight into a forum thread is such a smart idea.

@Brian Miller... I'm not so sure posting copyrighted icons from an OS under NDA straight into a forum thread is such a smart idea.

We've been posting Mac OS X Lion screen shots and desktop pictures here ever since the first DP was released without any problems. Next to that with the exception of three or so icons the rest are already part of Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Perhaps like this, a new mail icon?

Currently the only icon in that style is the Launchpad one.

Perhaps like this, a new mail icon?

New-Mail-icon-290x290.jpg

The Mail icon is the same as it has always been in DP4.

I wish that color AirDrop icon was more prominent in the system. I love it.

Personally I'm loving the new grey style. Looks slick.

Same here. When you see it in context with the rest of Lion's visual style, the new monochrome sidebar icons look awesome.

Can you post the grey icons?

There are a lot of them, in different states since the sidebar now supports three different icon sizes (16, 24 and 32 pixels) and animations.

Same here. When you see it in context with the rest of Lion's visual style, the new monochrome sidebar icons look awesome.

can I still have blue scroll bars, buttons and text select?

We've been posting Mac OS X Lion screen shots and desktop pictures here ever since the first DP was released without any problems. Next to that with the exception of three or so icons the rest are already part of Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Screen shots are considered fair use - the original icons, however, are not.

Screen shots are considered fair use - the original icons, however, are not.

Did you read the "desktop pictures" (aka wallpapers) part as well? NDA doesn't allow for screen shots and describing of new features either, but hey, people have been posting and describing those all over the internet for months now. Icons and other interface elements of pre-release software (not just Mac OS X Lion's) have been posted many times before here on Neowin without a problem. So if the owners of this website have no issues with it I really don't see why you should.

can I still have blue scroll bars, buttons and text select?

The Aqua scroll bars have been replaced with iOS-like ones that change to transparent black or white depending on the background. Other interface elements still offer you a choice between Blue or Graphite (be it in a revamped look). Selection text colors remain unchanged from Mac OS X Snow Leopard and can be changed to whatever you like.

Leave it up until someone says otherwise right guys? :p