BBC BREAKING: Lulzsec leader caught in UK Essex

Who's up for making a twitter account for everyone to post up what they want Big Bubba to do to them when caught? :p

Funny how people jump instantly to believing what they are posting. I would take everything lul and anon say with a very huge hill of salt.

@rajputwarrior, Yep. The "snitches" released logs that were pretty useless, but they tried. LulzSec claims that the two guys begged them not to release their information and that one of them is now trying to get out of the country. Of course these are all claims, so take it with a grain of salt.

im going to presume those two know next to nothing. no way lulz would go down like that...

I don't know, I'm not sure how bright these chaps really are.

Who's up for making a twitter account for everyone to post up what they want Big Bubba to do to them when caught? :p

Funny how people jump instantly to believing what they are posting. I would take everything lul and anon say with a very huge hill of salt.

need someone to share your prison fantasies with? and why wouldn't we beleive what they are posting on their twitter account? they haev claimed every attack they have done before, during and after.

@rajputwarrior, Yep. The "snitches" released logs that were pretty useless, but they tried. LulzSec claims that the two guys begged them not to release their information and that one of them is now trying to get out of the country. Of course these are all claims, so take it with a grain of salt.

true or not, IMO the only people who are really saying anything that has had any back up is lulzsec. they have backed up every claim of taking anyone down and always show us the proof of doing so. All we are getting out of the media and law enforcement is sensationalist headlines that claim they actually done something other then arrest peons.

need someone to share your prison fantasies with? and why wouldn't we beleive what they are posting on their twitter account? they haev claimed every attack they have done before, during and after.

true or not, IMO the only people who are really saying anything that has had any back up is lulzsec. they have backed up every claim of taking anyone down and always show us the proof of doing so. All we are getting out of the media and law enforcement is sensationalist headlines that claim they actually done something other then arrest peons.

Because it would be foolish to trust a criminal, no matter what they have said before.

Because it would be foolish to trust a criminal, no matter what they have said before.

just because they are a criminal doesn't mean they are a liar :rolleyes: until someone has proven they are full of **** and lying, they are the most reliable source right now with all of this.

just because they are a criminal doesn't mean they are a liar :rolleyes: until someone has proven they are full of **** and lying, they are the most reliable source right now with all of this.

Just because they admit to attacking things, doesn't mean they tell the truth about everything. But if that is all you need, it's your decision.

Just because they admit to attacking things, doesn't mean they tell the truth about everything. But if that is all you need, it's your decision.

okay so by that logic the entire world is full of crap and can never be trusted. you walk around with a mirror in front of you so you can always watch your back?

It's actually pretty weak how they 'arrested' him. All of his data has been out on the internet for ages now.

Proof?

http://anonops.blogspot.com/2011/05/ryan-cleary-exposed.html

http://pastebin.com/7PSwG8vR

All dated May 2011. Scotland Yard must have said "Oh hey, that guy is an operator on this IRC they use and we've got his address! Let's just arrest him to make people feel like we're doing something!".

Big fail if you ask me.

okay so by that logic the entire world is full of crap and can never be trusted. you walk around with a mirror in front of you so you can always watch your back?

No, but if a guy in a pen stripped jail suit walked up to me and told me something, I would probably do my own fact searching. Their actions have given them 0 reason to trust them. If you trust them, it's your own mistake. You need to learn more about how to trust people, and whom to trust. I suppose you should believe anything you ever read, as long as the person has never given you a reason to not believe them... that makes perfect sense huh....

A great quote " Question everything, even the existence of God. "

No, but if a guy in a pen stripped jail suit walked up to me and told me something, I would probably do my own fact searching. Their actions have given them 0 reason to trust them. If you trust them, it's your own mistake. You need to learn more about how to trust people, and whom to trust. I suppose you should believe anything you ever read, as long as the person has never given you a reason to not believe them... that makes perfect sense huh....

A great quote " Question everything, even the existence of God. "

not but in this case the source has never lied yet... i'm not saying i trust them. i am saying they are the most reliable source at this point.

they will vastly improve internet security.

Just how?

Are they going to hack every website on the Internet? That would take an eternity. Even if they just went after major ones like Sony, all they'll do is block the hole that was used for that specific attack. And even if they block as many holes as they can find, there will be more. What about new software and technology? They going to hack all that too? Then hack the patches too, and hack the holes created by the patches to fix the holes?

This isn't like putting a lock on a window of a house to prevent burglary. Computer security is a never ending battle of finding and blocking holes. As long as technology advances there will be new security methods and holes within those methods. Have you paid any attention to any of the anti-piracy methods over the last few years? Every method failed, because there is no foolproof way to secure something on a computer. Humans make it, humans break it.

I spend a lot of time and effort researching website security, so it doesn't please me to see companies just not bothering. But it isn't like Lulzsec are behaving any more responsibility with the data than companies are. Why don't they hack the CEO's emails and publish them? Would make a point, embarrass the company, and leave innocent "civilians" out of it. Or post a limited, semi-censored list of data stolen to prove they have it without giving fraudsters a leg up? Or post details of the hack, so awareness is raised for those who actually want to do it right? Any of those would be more productive than what they are doing now.

But quite frankly I don't think Lulzsec are even remotely interested in improving security, and wonder what makes some people here naive enough to believe they are.

Okay, I was a little confused earlier.

They're not really trying to do anything about internet security, aside proving that your data is never really safe.

What they're doing now is fighting corruption, mainly governmental stuff. Bit like Wikileaks, but more actively promoting the actual stealing of data and not being as nice and organized. It's a bit of a radical approach, we'll have to see what it results in when they release their first new data.

Okay, I was a little confused earlier.

They're not really trying to do anything about internet security, aside proving that your data is never really safe.

What they're doing now is fighting corruption, mainly governmental stuff. Bit like Wikileaks, but more actively promoting the actual stealing of data and not being as nice and organized. It's a bit of a radical approach, we'll have to see what it results in when they release their first new data.

So you're advocating that it's okay to steal and release the people's data? These are the people who are the real victims, not the government or corporations or whatever else.

not but in this case the source has never lied yet... i'm not saying i trust them. i am saying they are the most reliable source at this point.

reliable based off what? They do a crime and say they did it? If that is the kind of reliability you will follow, go for it man, as I'm sure it will get you far in life.

People these days think very little for themselves.... it's a sad time.

These guys do this thing all the time thats illegal, but they tell us about it, so if they tell us anything else, they must be telling the truth, because well, we just believe them for it... deedeedee

reliable based off what? They do a crime and say they did it? If that is the kind of reliability you will follow, go for it man, as I'm sure it will get you far in life.

People these days think very little for themselves.... it's a sad time.

These guys do this thing all the time thats illegal, but they tell us about it, so if they tell us anything else, they must be telling the truth, because well, we just believe them for it... deedeedee

i'm glad living in fear and the trust no one attitude is working out for you. wait to not let them terrorists win! :rolleyes: lulzsec has given me no reason not to believe anything they say where as the media, who likes to overshoot everything so far in this, has not given me a reason to believe them. if you don't like it, fine. fair enough, so find someone else to grind up on.

Hah. Funny to see the media reporting how important the person they arrested is. Not.

I personally fully support LulzSec, and Anonymous, even more now they're going to go AntiSec together. If they can pull AntiSec off, they will vastly improve internet security.

How does that work then? By hacking into things, they'll make security better?

Might as well break into someone's house and then say oh looks like you need to fix that.

poor lulzsec are having a rough day.

http://ifoundtheinter.net/?p=77

(if that's true)

I don't see how it's a "rough" day. Someone "hacked" the personal site of one of the supposed LulzSec members by using an old wordpress exploit. How exactly does this posit any danger for LulzSec?

I don't see how it's a "rough" day. Someone "hacked" the personal site of one of the supposed LulzSec members by using an old wordpress exploit. How exactly does this posit any danger for LulzSec?

because the exploit they used unleashes live bears riding scorpions, scorpions that are fueled by hot pockets. once they lose their hot pockets the game is over as they will starve.