Mozilla Thunderbird 5.0 beta 2 released

The second and final beta for the first rapid release version of Mozilla Thunderbird has been released.

Screenshot:

thunderbird5b2.png

It still looks as messy as beta 1. Too much glass. In order to be consistent with the look and feel of Firefox it should have a menu button in the top left - does anyone know whether there are any plans to implement this?

View: Release notes

Download: Mozilla Thunderbird 5.0 beta 2 (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

It still looks as messy as beta 1. Too much glass. In order to be consistent with the look and feel of Firefox it should have a menu button in the top left - does anyone know whether there are any plans to implement this?

Agreed, would be nice if there was some consistency. I might end up staying with 3.1 if it's released like this.

I honestly doubt they'll leave it like this, they've already started to follow Firefox in terms of add-on management, and I've seen some mockups of UI changes (for Linux, but I'll assume they're treating each platform the same way and plan on refreshing it).

Other than that, works great.

EDIT: When I say works great, I actually mean beta 1 because I still haven't received an update for this one. Also, for people wanting to try it out, beware, not many add-ons are currently working with it.

At the moment I'm just using 3.1.11 (which I was updated to earlier today). That newer design has a huge amount of glass. Adding in the button would really lift the look of that client, but I'll still download it to see how I like it when running it myself.

That's the worst-looking e-mail client I have seen in a long time. What were they thinking? I never thought I'd say this, but... I prefer Evolution.