ICQ Pro 2003b Build #3890

ICQ is an instant-messaging program that lets you communicate with friends and colleagues in real time. To seek out a friend on the ICQ network, simply enter his or her ICQ number, name, nickname, or e-mail address. Once your contact list is set up, you'll be notified when your friends are online so you can chat, send instant messages, files, and URLs, play games, or just hang out.

This is ICQ Pro 2003b Alpha Build #3890, up from the 2003a build of #3800

Download here

Finally, about window (attached)

I noticed 3 things about this release other than the new skin:

1) ICQ Plus no longer works, end VPlus.exe before you load ICQ Pro 2003b or the screwup will begin... Starting with the background of the login screen ;)

2) There is a new DB Manager which you can use to 'Optimize' your database so that it loads faster. Wonder how that works. There's also a 'Compact' mode so that your database can be compressed. You can even create a new database with the DB Manager in addition to the old 'Update' feature

3) Although, since since this is an Alpha, much expected, but the new DB Manager doesn't convert the old contact lists well. I got duplicate entries for some entries and the names I put in the Non ICQ Contacts are all gone. Entries there were duplicated too.

post-8-1063709801.jpg

I don't have WindowBlinds installed in this computer anymore, but Visual Style does nothing to it. Just like ICQ Lite. So... it's not skinnable, I think... until a new version of ICQ Plus is released..

I don't have WindowBlinds installed in this computer anymore, but Visual Style does nothing to it. Just like ICQ Lite. So... it's not skinnable, I think... until a new version of ICQ Plus is released..

it IS skinnable, ICQ Lite and the new Pro uses a 3-rd party skin engine and everybody can actually develop skins for that engine (notice ICQ Lite and the new Pro has an option to choose a skin), just no one brother to do it (yet)

and I personally hate ICQ Plus

Nuts to this new ICQ -- I think it blows. The contact list ad is much too big for my liking, and they got rid of the animated ICQ button...

I downgraded to 2002a #3237, the last release of ICQ before ICQ Lite and ICQ Pro were introduced.

I love ICQ. It's a great IM client -- the original flavor. I've used it for years and years. Well.. my first ICQ # was 7 digits. My current one is 8.. I think they're up to 10 now? Some of my friends have 6 digit ICQ #s. Plus, all of my friends seem to be on it.