Weapons? What do you own?

• 4 weeks later...

just wondering what weapons people here own? i like to collect weapons and just want to admire others i will upload some pics soon (upload pics of yours please biggrin.gif )

but at mo i own...

a short sword/ sword styled machete

knuckles smile.gif

1 silver eagle throwing knife

2 black eagle throwing knives

a live Katana

a pistol cross bow

and a hunting air rifle

i also have a back pack machette in black arriving tomoz biggrin.gif

within 6 months time i also hope to own....

a 5 shot semi auto tactical shotgun

a 6 shot revolver

a glock or tarus

and a sniper rifle (or field rifle what ever you wana call it biggrin.gif )

A sniper rifle? WHY?

Just put a Windham Weapons HBC rifle on layway, paid half of it down, should be able to pick it up in two weeks when I get paid next. Taxes, layaway fee and everything included, it ran me just over $900, (9.3% sales tax FTL!). I've been wanting an AR for a while just because they're so modular and easy to customize. It's kind of generic, but it was a good price and I can expand on it later if I so choose. It's basically a military M-4 with two exceptions.

1) No full auto or 3 round burst

2) The tapering on the barrel that allows for mounting underslung shotguns or M-203 grenade launchers is not present on this model, although it is available on other rifles by Windham.

It comes with a hard plastic case, one 30 round magazine, a sling, a chamber block (for easily verifying the weapon is unloaded while in transit), and the usual stuff like the instruction manual and a lock.

Tech Sheet

Photo

HBC-L.jpg

anyone else learnt about the dangers of recoil the hard way or is it just me? :p still have a some of my eyebrow missing from over a year ago ... NEVER PUT YOUR EYE ON A SCOPE

Here's mine

35cpxxk.jpg

And the calibers

jpcx1f.jpg

.22,7.62x39,223/5.56x45/308,7.62x54r,12ga

I want that rifle on the floor and the tac shotgun

anyone else learnt about the dangers of recoil the hard way or is it just me? :p still have a some of my eyebrow missing from over a year ago ... NEVER PUT YOUR EYE ON A SCOPE

Found that out when I first got my 30-06, it's a Savage model 110 which is a fairly light rifle, with no recoil pad, and it's bolt action so there's no buffer spring or anything. First shot ever fired from it at the range, the scope came back and smacked me right in the forehead. Luckily I had shades on and it just knocked me silly for a second and scratched my shades, but didn't actually hurt me.

I can't wait until I get my an AK-47. I would like to have an AR-15, but it's more expensive than an AK-47. Anyone know a good place to understanding different kinds of scopes like the scope of an SV98? What would be a good scope for a tactical AK-47?

Just put a Windham Weapons HBC rifle on layway, paid half of it down, should be able to pick it up in two weeks when I get paid next. Taxes, layaway fee and everything included, it ran me just over $900, (9.3% sales tax FTL!). I've been wanting an AR for a while just because they're so modular and easy to customize. It's kind of generic, but it was a good price and I can expand on it later if I so choose. It's basically a military M-4 with two exceptions.

1) No full auto or 3 round burst

2) The tapering on the barrel that allows for mounting underslung shotguns or M-203 grenade launchers is not present on this model, although it is available on other rifles by Windham.

It comes with a hard plastic case, one 30 round magazine, a sling, a chamber block (for easily verifying the weapon is unloaded while in transit), and the usual stuff like the instruction manual and a lock.

Tech Sheet

Photo

HBC-L.jpg

I wouldn't say its generic because its the same people that built the old Bushmasters, When they got laid off from Bushmaster they started their own company.

I wouldn't say its generic because its the same people that built the old Bushmasters, When they got laid off from Bushmaster they started their own company.

By generic I was referring to the fact that it doesn't come with ACOGs and picatinny compatable coffee cups like some of the other weapons they had on the shelves, :p.

By generic I was referring to the fact that it doesn't come with ACOGs and picatinny compatable coffee cups like some of the other weapons they had on the shelves, :p.

None of them come with optics unless its a special edition or something like that. I haven't seen an off the shelf rifle that came with a trijicon acog,its a standard AR carbine not generic. Most people add the pictinny hand guard after they get their rifle and since it has a removable carry handle it should have a pictinny rail underneath.

Just built myself a gun cabinet with some scrap wood I found laying around the house. I need to paint it because it's all different colors and finishes, but for now it is very functional. Just thought I'd share. The 3rd spot over is reserved for the Windham Weapons Car 15 I'm picking up on payday.

post-125978-0-84094500-1330926558_thumb.

Just built myself a gun cabinet with some scrap wood I found laying around the house. I need to paint it because it's all different colors and finishes, but for now it is very functional. Just thought I'd share. The 3rd spot over is reserved for the Windham Weapons Car 15 I'm picking up on payday.

You're getting a carbon-15? Good for plinking not good if you needed to use it in a SHTF scenario.

You're getting a carbon-15? Good for plinking not good if you needed to use it in a SHTF scenario.

I meant "carbine" AR 15, the M-4 remake I posted links to above. Sorry.

I can't wait until I get my an AK-47. I would like to have an AR-15, but it's more expensive than an AK-47. Anyone know a good place to understanding different kinds of scopes like the scope of an SV98? What would be a good scope for a tactical AK-47?

My suggestion, go to a store with a big selection of scopes like Cabelas. The one here is 2 stories and absolutely enormous, and they have thousands of scopes and will mount them on dummy rifles and let you check them out. If you're looking to invest in a weapon and a scope, go ahead and take the time to check out lots of different ones. There are other stores that probably do things like that, but Cabelas is the best place I've found so far, at least in my area.

My suggestion, go to a store with a big selection of scopes like Cabelas. The one here is 2 stories and absolutely enormous, and they have thousands of scopes and will mount them on dummy rifles and let you check them out. If you're looking to invest in a weapon and a scope, go ahead and take the time to check out lots of different ones. There are other stores that probably do things like that, but Cabelas is the best place I've found so far, at least in my area.

I was thinking about getting a holographic scope. It'd be a pretty penny. I think about up to $1400.

Just bought this gem the other day. It's a Mauser .177 break barrel pellet rifle rated at 1200 FPS. It's the first air rifle I've ever owned that actually has recoil, lol.

BcpTc.jpg

Just bought this gem the other day. It's a Mauser .177 break barrel pellet rifle rated at 1200 FPS. It's the first air rifle I've ever owned that actually has recoil, lol.

Wow, 1200 feet per second is a higher muzzel velocity than a 40 grain .22 LR round. Source

Wow, 1200 feet per second is a higher muzzel velocity than a 40 grain .22 LR round. Source

Yeah I know. When I purchased the rifle, the first thing I hit was a full unopened can of soda, which was sitting at around 15 feet. The pellet went through the can and proceeded to go through my wood fence sitting approximately 10 feet beyond the can. That's not bad for a pellet rifle. The crows in my area better watch the f**k out! lol