ViewSonic VX1932WM-3 Drivers

I just got a ViewSonic VX1932WM-3 LCD monitor used at a garage sale. I have tried it out via VGA on two different computers (one running Windows XP SP3 with a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 and another running Windows 7 x64 SP1 with a NVIDIA GeForce 5200 256 MB). The monitor seemed to detect the monitor properly, as the Device Manager still had been showing the monitor as just a "Default Monitor" and a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," respectively. I've tried downloading and installing ViewSonic's signed and unsigned drivers, and neither driver package on neither computer seemed to work. The lack of drivers is a problem because neither video card seems to support the monitor's native resolution, which is 1440x900. I have decided that I'll be using the monitor on the Windows 7 computer, but right now I'm forced to use 1280x720, which seems to be the best-looking, non-native resolution on this monitor. Is there any way I can either force my video card to display 1440x900 or somehow get working drivers for this monitor?

Thanks.

Have you tried installing it as Generic PnP Monitor? Just uncheck Show compatible hardware when doing a Browse.... and let me pick... for update driver.

I've just tried that, and no luck. Still no 1440x900 listed in the Display Properties.

If you go in to the NVIDIA Control Panel > change resolution you can click customize... > create custom resolution... try that.

There appears to be no NVIDIA Control Panel for my graphics card. I've downloaded the latest drivers for the GeForce FX5200 from NVIDIA's site, but the download package seems to be just drivers, and no additional software, like the control panel.

Your card is so old it may not be possible to support that resolution however you can try the following.

In win 7 in Screen Resolution > advanced settings > monitor tab there is a ?hide modes that this monitor cannot display? if you uncheck it does it show more resolutions for you to pick from?

The only other thing you can try is to find a bit of software to force a resolution change.

• Like 1