What's Your Favorite Bottled Beer Now Days?

Whoa, what guys drink that stuff? Those are chick drinks, bro!

:rolleyes: Higher alcohol content than most beers (at least any sold where I live). So if that makes it a "chick drink", so be it. I happen to like the way they taste a hell of a lot better than the dirty bathwater that people refer to as beer.

:rolleyes: Higher alcohol content than most beers (at least any sold where I live). So if that makes it a "chick drink", so be it. I happen to like the way they taste a hell of a lot better than the dirty bathwater that people refer to as beer.

Yeah and a Cosmopolitan also has more alcohol than beer, but you don't see many guys chugging those are the bar. haha.

But I'm guessing if the beer by you tastes like dirty bathwater, then Bud must be your only option. :)

Yeah and a Cosmopolitan also has more alcohol than beer, but you don't see many guys chugging those are the bar. haha.

But I'm guessing if the beer by you tastes like dirty bathwater, then Bud must be your only option. :)

Pretty much any beer sold in the US tastes nasty after you've lived overseas and had REAL beer. But considering where you are from, I'm guessing you might be just a little biased towards American beer.

Pretty much any beer sold in the US tastes nasty after you've lived overseas and had REAL beer. But considering where you are from, I'm guessing you might be just a little biased towards American beer.

Any beer that's brewed overseas is perfectly capable of being duplicated here. I've had beer over in Western Europe, Mexico, and Canada, and there's nothing over there that can't be comparably found in the US.

We just get a bad wrap for having "crap" beer because Miller-Coors and Annheiser-Busch make up 90% of our beer industry and they consist of watered-down beer that's cheap to produce and cheap to buy. You can chug down half a case of mainstream American beer and still be alert enough to drive home, all while handing over a huge profit margin to the company. The same can't be said with most import beers or local brews.

I'm betting that if there was some sort of world beer brew-off, the small American breweries would be ranked right at the top with the other big boys like the Belgians.

also a butt load of sugar which is why it's a girls drink...

but i don't mind them once in a while, but i do admit to everyone when i have one that it's a bitch drink.

Any beer that's brewed overseas is perfectly capable of being duplicated here. I've had beer over in Western Europe, Mexico, and Canada, and there's nothing over there that can't be comparably found in the US.

We just get a bad wrap for having "crap" beer because Miller-Coors and Annheiser-Busch make up 90% of our beer industry and they consist of watered-down beer that's cheap to produce and cheap to buy. You can chug down half a case of mainstream American beer and still be alert enough to drive home, all while handing over a huge profit margin to the company. The same can't be said with most import beers or local brews.

I'm betting that if there was some sort of world beer brew-off, the small American breweries would be ranked right at the top with the other big boys like the Belgians.

sorry bro, american beer is crap...

i've had that. it's not bad. strong for sure. isn't it like 8-9 percent alcohol level?

Yup it's pretty strong. I like my beer strong, 5% is for wussies. :p

[Duvel]

Just had 2 bottles of the best. Cheers.

Belgian beer ftw :beer:

also a butt load of sugar which is why it's a girls drink...

but i don't mind them once in a while, but i do admit to everyone when i have one that it's a bitch drink.

Well if you actually read what I said, mainstream American beer isn't all we have here... Most beer drinkers here wouldn't ever consider a mainsteam brew one of their favorites. That's just good ol' US capitalism at it's best.

I'm betting that certain local breweries would put most international beers to shame. But you obviously wouldn't understand that if your narrow sight of American beer is just Bud or Miller... or have never tried a variety of US micro-brews.

You should visit the Delirium caf? in Brussels, it has 2011 different kinds of beer, and a hell of a lot of them on tap!

Been there a few times, not a very nice hood in my opinion... I think my record is 7 Duvels!

Yummy... Yeti!

ok, finally! the first GOOD beer ive seen listed :p

::goes on to next page::

and, for the record, bud light is not beer. it's slightly-alcoholic water for people that dont really like beer.

dogfishead is still my favorite brewery in the US (so far) - 90 min is amazing! their 60 min is a good session beer. Theobroma, Squall, Palo Santo Marron, Black and Blue, Midas Touch - all insanely good!

what you mean to say is "sorry bro, mass-produced american beer is crap..." which is true.

the US has a ton of awesome microbreweries:

Dogfish head

Stone

Bell's

Goose Island

New Holland

Brooklyn

Deschutes

Alesmith

Anchor Steam

New Belgium

Sierra nevada

Rogue

Great Lakes

Russian River

to name a few...

what you mean to say is "sorry bro, mass-produced american beer is crap..." which is true.

the US has a ton of awesome microbreweries:

Dogfish head

Stone

Bell's

Goose Island

New Holland

Brooklyn

Deschutes

Alesmith

Anchor Steam

New Belgium

Sierra nevada

Rogue

Great Lakes

Russian River

to name a few...

fair enough, same with canadian. any molson beer (except for molson X which can only be found in quebec... lucky french!) is digusting. We have kokanee which is good bigger one. Our micro brews are also amazing though. Alexander Keiths is amazing. You have get a chance to try that out, DO IT.

but to be fair. MGC is mass produced and is AMAZING in canada but it's TERRIBLE in the states...

Not much of a beer drinker. But the 4 I do drink

Guiness (I know.. it's not TECHNICALLY a beer)

guinness1.jpg

Corona

corona-extra-86009.jpeg

Cracked Canoe (Made by Moosehead.. More of a summer beer)

cracked_canoe.jpg

James Ready. Cheap buck a beer style beer, with 5.5% alcohol. Good for a cheap drunk

James%2BReady%2B5.5.JPG

^ you go from guiness to corona.. that makes no sense... talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...

If had a top five list though

1. Heineken (dutch)
  2. Corona (mexican) (has to have a lime in it...)
  3. MGD (american)
  4. Alexander Keiths (canadian)
  5. Sleeman's Clear (canadian)

^ you go from guiness to corona.. that makes no sense... talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...

I know right? I usually drink Corona in the Summer then Guiness in the Winter. But to me I don't have a specific style I like. If it tastes good, Im solid.

Living in Portland I don't believe in bottled beer, just walk to the pub and get a pint of it. In all seriousness I would say usually a Micro/Craft brewer that I can't get on tap. Usually Maui Brewing, Kona Brewing, or Redhook brewery if I'm not on a Seattle trip.