What's Your Favorite Bottled Beer Now Days?

Some of you are pretty harsh knocking on what others like. Who cares if someone prefers sweet "girly" (usually higher in alcohol) beers, American beers and foreign beers.... Its not your place to make them feel less than for liking what they like.

On topic, the best beer ever is...

hoe-glass_bottle-highres.jpg

Some of you are pretty harsh knocking on what others like. Who cares if someone prefers sweet "girly" (usually higher in alcohol) beers, American beers and foreign beers.... Its not your place to make them feel less than for liking what they like.

hoe-glass_bottle-highres.jpg

Yes I have heard that is a good beer, especially with an Orange peel. I have a friend that says it tastes better than Blue Moon.

My buddy brews his own, he did a cherry pale ale a month ago that was phenomenal. Best beer I have ever tasted.

But for a "retail" beer my preference is either Sam Adams or Heineken.

Yes I have heard that is a good beer, especially with an Orange peel. I have a friend that says it tastes better than Blue Moon.

Makes Blue Moon seem very boring.

i am hard on what others like in the hopes that they will challenge themselves w/ their choices - especially within the US. 90% of our population knows nothing of good beer. they literally think bud light and corona is beer. my point is that, if you like a light lager or ale, find something different or local that doesnt support the mega corporations like Miller, Coors or Budweiser.

to that end - Hoegarden is a great beer; however, it's far too soft for me. i cannot drink wheat-based beers anymore, but there's nothing wrong w/ them. enjoy your delicious beer, but please stay clear of the mass-produced commodity beers!! :fun:

another fantastic brewery - Avery - makes a fantastic IPA that i just finished :woot:

Maharaja IPA

i am hard on what others like in the hopes that they will challenge themselves w/ their choices - especially within the US. 90% of our population knows nothing of good beer. they literally think bud light and corona is beer. my point is that, if you like a light lager or ale, find something different or local that doesnt support the mega corporations like Miller, Coors or Budweiser.
Agreed, to me someone who says Budweiser is good beer must not know anything about beer. It's like saying your favorite restaurant is Mc Donalds. I mean, sure, if that's the only place you've ever been to...

Agreed, to me someone who says Budweiser is good beer must not know anything about beer. It's like saying your favorite restaurant is Mc Donalds. I mean, sure, if that's the only place you've ever been to...

Or someone who doesn't get out much. In this day and age, people other than big mega-breweries just get how to make beer in any flavor and fashion imaginable, and really well at that. I still will drink a Bud on occasion but usually it's more for the atmosphere ya know? If I'm at a game or the county fair for example, I might crack a bottle of that old stuff to just take me back some and remember other times. Has a certain...je ne sais quoi.

I rarely drink alcohol, but when I do, it's usually "girl drinks" (e.g. Smirnoff Green Apple). I've been dying to try Sam Adams, though. Is it bitter? How different is dark beer from regular?

:rolleyes: Higher alcohol content than most beers (at least any sold where I live). So if that makes it a "chick drink", so be it. I happen to like the way they taste a hell of a lot better than the dirty bathwater that people refer to as beer.

Whatever you say, ma'am. :)