Flaunt Your Windows 8 Screenshots here

Consumer Preview on display. No hardware changes since the DP screens.

post-34404-0-94578300-1333401453_thumb.j

post-34404-0-00586200-1333401479_thumb.j

post-34404-0-49255000-1333401499_thumb.j

post-34404-0-63212700-1333401519_thumb.j

Metro (Still playing with tile layout):

Classic Desktop (Yes, it's barren for a reason - I'm living in a Metro world :) ):

Consumer Preview on display. No hardware changes since the DP screens.

post-34404-0-94578300-1333401453_thumb.j

Sorry but how can anyone think that looks better than a compact start menu?

Looks hideous with all the icons.

I'm sure someone said this before but how can you set a divider between tab groups as you like? I see some have the default 2 columns while others have 4 or more per group.

Sorry but how can anyone think that looks better than a compact start menu?

Looks hideous with all the icons.

I don't use the StartScreen - at all.

I see the StartScreen maybe three times a *week* - and that is generally for reboots. (I run mostly traditional applications, and, other than Office applications and Visual Studio, all have desktop shortcuts. For those applications that are on neither desktop or Taskbar, I use Search to track them down - basically, the Windows 2000 Professional method, or, in the case of Office, I use WIN+R+ application name. The StartScreen is, to me personally, as relevant as the Start menu was in Windows 7 back to XP - basically, not relevant at all.)

I tend to live on the desktop (just as I did in Windows 7, or Vista, or XP, or even Windows 2000 Professional). The folks doing the most complaining about a LACK of a Start menu likely have very empty desktops (and pin little to nothing to the Taskbar - despite it being added with 7, and available in the WDP and WCP still). For this same reason, they are, if anything, over-reliant on a hyper-organized menu system (such a creature, even in the case of the Start menu ala 7 or earlier, requires a great deal of fiddlework). Different work mechanic than yours - but it works for me, despite not being very aesthetic.

I refuse to spend a ton of time organizing something I see MAYBE thrice a week - and don't see much of even then.

The shortcuts on my desktop reflect where I spend the majority of my day - other than Office and Visual Studio (neither of which create desktop shortcuts by default), the applications and games that I run on a daily or weekly basis that are NOT Metro apps are all present and accounted for on the desktop If anything, I'm waiting to see what Stardock does with Fences (which I DID use in Windows 7 to visually de-clutter the desktop) - I suggested a version to deal with StartScreen clutter.

Yes - my StartScreen *is* cluttered. I fully *expected* it to be cluttered. However, it is (thanks to Search) a lot easier to deal with in spite of that clutter.

In fact, it is far easier to deal with than the Start menu has ever been.

Ever heard of the saying "out of sight - out of mind"? The StartScreen I see three times a week in a given week - hence it being in my sight very little. (Even then, it's a waypoint - on my way to the desktop.)

So I'm supposed to care a great deal how it looks *why*?)

Metro (Still playing with tile layout):

Classic Desktop (Yes, it's barren for a reason - I'm living in a Metro world :) ):

BS. You have all of 3 metro tiles. And almost all of your first computer group is represented by the right side of the normal start menu.

BS. You have all of 3 metro tiles. And almost all of your first computer group is represented by the right side of the normal start menu.

Most of my stuff is off screen.

Don't you guys care you are giving out your real name in all these snaps?

Yeah. I've caught myself once already loading up an unaltered shot. I've been careful since then to edit my grabs before uploading them.

Other than icon arrangement taskbar glass color and whatever your wallpaper was, everyones Win7 desktop looked more or less like the next guys. Unless you wanted to mess with one of the silly 3rd party apps that added on top of it but few did.

Other than organization your tiles, the lack of customization available for Metro makes this thread much less interesting that previous desktop threads.

Are you trolling or just miss informed?

Don't you guys care you are giving out your real name in all these snaps?

Personally no. My real name is out there in so many places I don't think it matters.

• Like 1

It can be Window xp too.. Posting it here than on April Desktop Thread is so wrong , you shall now be sleepless in daytime.