Menus not appearing on Google Chrome & Windows 7 since the upgrade.

I have an issue since the Forum was upgraded where when i hover over the 'News' 'Forum' and 'More' menus the menus flash up for a split second then vanish. It seems to be only when using Google Chrome on my Windows 7 machine as it works fine on the other with Vista and Chrome on it and it also works properly in IE, Firefox and Opera.

Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this and whether it is an issue with Neowin, Google Chrome and Windows 7 as it was fine before the upgrade?

Just tried it, still not showing the menus. I had this problem along with lots of other people when Neowin first changed the front page as it displayed the same symptoms while using the Chrome dev version and they fixed it. But i am getting it in both versions of Chrome and only on 1 of my computers and the only thing that is different is 1 is Vista and the other is Windows 7. I haven't seen anyone else reporting this problem,

Looks like i am stuck with it unless it is a problem with this computer and only with the menus on Neowin, very strange, i may try removing and re adding Chrome later.

It's difficult to pin down when the same setup works for other members, I suggest disabling your add-ons (if you have them) one by one to see if it fixes it?

i tried disabling all the addons yesterday and i still have the issue. I does look like i am the only 1 with this problem so it must be an issue on that PC, but no idea where and i don't want to reinstall windows.

i tried disabling all the addons yesterday and i still have the issue. I does look like i am the only 1 with this problem so it must be an issue on that PC, but no idea where and i don't want to reinstall windows.

No, I have it too (with Chrome "stable" v14.0.835.187). It probably coincides with an inability to edit posts.

I have another box with a nightly version of Chromium that works fine and an old version of FireFox works on this same computer that Chrome stable does not.

I was going to edit my post to add that it is a pretty vanilla installation too. It does have AdBlock Plus installed but that, naturally, has neowin.net whitelisted so that the ads do appear. Hopefully these two posts auto-join or I'll need to get Firefox 3.6 out of storage.

If you have this issue and you're familiar with webkit's inspector, can you try removing -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0); from #navigation > ul > li > a and see if it still happens?

If you have this issue and you're familiar with webkit's inspector, can you try removing -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0); from #navigation > ul > li > a and see if it still happens?

I'm not familiar with any of that, but if you help me out i will try in my morning tomorrow before i go to work on the PC that is affected as i am not on that right now.

No, I have it too (with Chrome "stable" v14.0.835.187). It probably coincides with an inability to edit posts.

I was going to edit my post to add that it is a pretty vanilla installation too. It does have AdBlock Plus installed but that, naturally, has neowin.net whitelisted so that the ads do appear. Hopefully these two posts auto-join or I'll need to get Firefox 3.6 out of storage.

I had the problem of not being able to edit posts but a re-install of Chrome solved this issue.

The only thing I can think could have possibly caused it was that I changed the size of the reply and quick reply boxes (using the bottom right control).

My chrome version was the latest too, so I don't understand how a re-install has made it work now.

Did you do a FULL uninstall of Chrome?

I only saved my saved passwords and bookmarks (from the "User Data" folder), but deleted everything else.