FlashGet or Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)

32 members have voted

1. 1. FlashGet or Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)

• Download Accelerator (DAP)
    • FlashGet

I was wondering what you guys thing is better FlashGet or DAP for download managing/accelerating. Personally I have used DAP for years and I just got FlashGet today and I like it but I don't really like the inreface and I haven't figured out how to download from best site or switch to a different site like DAP (I think is auto chooses best site like DAP). DAP is simple and easy and is well worth it and FlashGet is complicated, different and I am not used to it. What do you guys think is better?

P.S I think there was a post about download managers/accelerators a while ago but that was to wide ranged and didn't really give any good opinions. Please post and vote for which one you like best.

P.P.S By the way I am talking about having these programs in XP thats why I stuck it here.

If you voted please tell me why you voted for what you fot. (If that makes sence)

I have used both DAP and Flash Get (also Fresh Download but that had a bug which totally crashed my system and I had to re-install). I found that DAP used to cut out a lot and had to be re-started. Flash Get has worked very well and is not that hard to set up.

Right now I am using DAP, and I like it with the exception that it does not warn you if you are going to overwrite an existing local file. It only warns you if you go to d/l something already in its list. No use if you clear the list or for anything it didn't d/l. Other people notice this?

I used to use NetAnts, a another great FlashGet-like D/L program...

but after I found out FlashGet I'm addicted to it 4ever~!

and since i don't d/l "regular" stuffs too often, those best sites mirror doesn't really matter to me.

Originally posted by MxxCon

getright is better than either.

you can automaticaly find mirrors and d/l files faster.

and d/l same file from differnt sites at once.

flashget or dap can't do that

Both Flashget (the version I'm using, the latest) and DAP can find mirrors for downloads. ZZ. Try again! :D

I used Dap befoer ... you can say I tryed all othe download managers .... DAP crashes when you download alot things ....but Flashget ....Rulz them all ....no crashes ...fast ...find mirrors ... man if you want me to count its good ..I'll never finish :)

I really don't like Download Accelerators much because alot of sites I go to use java scripts to access file downloads(so people don't leech the links). Download Accelerators aren't compatible with JavaScript Downloads and I'm too lazy to hold ALT before I click the download. My favorite Accelerator(when I actually use 1) is Go!Zilla.

Originally posted by BananaMan

Both Flashget (the version I'm using, the latest) and DAP can find mirrors for downloads. ZZ. Try again! :D

not some crappy ftp search which gets updated one a year, but true mirror search engine at www.filemirrors.com which gets updated instantly.

My vote is for DAP. I just finnished a test, comparing FlashGet and DAP 5.2. I downloaded aoa-current.exe from www.aceofangels.com. DAP won. The times were (on a 1.5Mbps): FlashGet-2m39s, DAP-2m35s.

Before starting the test, I made sure that both were setup for my 1.5Mbps connection, and they both would download to my desktop. I clicked on the link and started my stop watch. This was the link: http://www.demonews.com/dl/view.php?g=go&id=120&dlm=1. Both recognized it; however, FlashGet named the file correctly and DAP named the file "1".

Neither of them took up any system resources or RAM till I launched them. The thing I liked about DAP was that it autoclosed without a hassle. FlashGet wined and treated me like an idiot by asking me if I really wanted it to close (I'm going to close in 10 seconds if you don't hit the cancel button). DAP dled to my desktop like I wanted. FlashGet dled to c:download inspite of me telling it to dl to the Desktop. FlashGet asked me to confirm before dling (.5 seconds to hit the ok button), DAP didn't need to.

Result, I liked DAP better and will stay with it. Besides DAP is faster, only 4 seconds faster but still it is faster.

Used DAP, used Flashget, used Gozilla, used Getright, used them

all... but if you want a DA which kicks ass in graphics and in

performance you have to switch over to Reget Deluxe !!