Reluna

Looks good, I can see a lot of nice little touches in this. If I was going to nit-pick (and I am) I'd say the following:

- Taskbar button text would probably look nice with a bit of a shadow

- New program highlights on the start menu look a bit out of place without the blue border on the right

- Quick launch icons are quite widely spaced

- I think check boxes and radio buttons would look better with a lighter border

- Drop down menu button glyphs don't indicate 'drop-down' rather 'pull-out' (i.e they point to the right not down)

Other than those fairly minor and all things considered pretty insignificant points a nice, useable piece of work.

ThemeNorth

Edit: Just noticed... to get rid of the annoying business with progress bars getting mangled when other windows are put on top of them use a chunk size of 2 not 1.

Edited by ThemeNorth

Very nice vs!!! I dunno about the start button but my new favourite for sure!!! :D

Laters!

For me one of the best parts of this vs is the start button. It's simple yet different enough. I really love it!

:p

thanks guys for the additional bug reports... ive got most stuff fixed, and a couple of changes ready to go. ill have an update out tomorrow.

@themenorth: the taskbar buttons had a shadow last i checked, everything else has been taken into consideration / fixed... ;)

Just downloaded the newer version from the one I had, and to be honest I like the older one you sent me Bant. It looks better with larger Tahoma text in the captions, the quick launch icons are much closer together, and overall seems to run better. Im not sure what bugs you fixed for that version, but you may want to consider changing more like the older version. Just my two cents. :)

Also guys, once I get perm. to use UmIcons in my shellstyle from mattahan, it will be included. Here is a preview:

shell.jpg

Just downloaded the newer version from the one I had, and to be honest I like the older one you sent me Bant. It looks better with larger Tahoma text in the captions, the quick launch icons are much closer together, and overall seems to run better. Im not sure what bugs you fixed for that version, but you may want to consider changing more like the older version. Just my two cents. :)

Yeah font sizes are too small and the biggest problem is when I make them larger the minimize/maximize(restore)/close button will be misplaced

Hope you can change it to at least 8pt, because font size too small is hard to read (especially for asian languages, they will look all scrabbled)

I think this may be a bug but I'm not sure. It seems to only happen on the Summary tab of any files properties. It also happens on the Photoshop Image tab of an image file if you have Photoshop 7.

ps. It isn't easy to draw a nice looking line with a mouse :blush:

I think this may be a bug but I'm not sure. It seems to only happen on the Summary tab of any files properties. It also happens on the Photoshop Image tab of an image file if you have Photoshop 7.

ps. It isn't easy to draw a nice looking line with a mouse :blush:

You'll see that in apps that don't draw the tab background texture. It isn't a bug in the VS as such.

xdeathx.. are you talking about the white highlighted category? that is what happens in detailed view. you are sorting by name, so the name column is highlighted.