New bing UI in testing?

I just got this on bing in IE9,

BingimageDONTSTEAL.jpg

Not getting this in Chrome.

Very metro like, kind of like it. :-)

Comparison with current UI in Chrome.

oldonnewDONTSTEAL.jpg

(can't edit OP anymore, sorry)

Must be, looks quite different. The icons on the right kinda remind of Google's recent UI ideas.

Or--and bear with me on this--or, JUST OR, exactly like the toolbar icons in IE9.

IT'S A STRETCH I KNOW.

But it's almost like that cog was maybe a distant cousin of the IE9 cog. At this rate, it might accidentally stumble into consistency with an existing MS product!

P.S. Google has absorbed quite a few former Microsoft employees, too, so I think similarities are less and less about who's copying who, and more about Google and Microsoft more and more having a shared DNA.

P.P.S. I cried when I read a comment on the Android homescreen replacement 'Launcher7' that essentially said "It's great seeing a launcher inspired by Google's Market UI".

You can see that it's IE9 in the second image. Also, he says that it's IE9 in the first sentence :p

Oops, my bad! I was scrolled down a bit and missed that first line... and also didn't observed the second image that clearly. :$

But my excuse is that I didn't have a good sleep. Was waked constantly, by over a dozen times by phone calls. Last few days have been very hectic for me. :yes:

I also seem to be making a lot of grammar mistakes today.

Going now to make some strong tea. :p

I don't see it, you might be the first one on neowin to see this.

There is another variation of this where it just says bing in top-left. I noticed after this post that liveside already covered this.

Looks more cleaner and definitely brings some of the metro styling that we have already grown to liking from WP7, microsoft.com, and Win8 dev preview.

Unlike Google, at least MS knows how to not waste space with unnecessary large margins and huge buttons.