Steam Holiday Sale

It's that time of the year again: The Steam Holiday Sale is held from today until January 1st, 2012.

Today's deals:

post-1302-0-48353500-1324318880_thumb.pn

Note: The Steam Store is having issues right now. Give it a moment to be fully functional.

Oh dear waits for the enjoyable topics in the Steam forums complaining about busy servers. Happens every year I just want to know if Steam gets up to 6 million users online at once finally! I know it will be very close. Already over 5 million.

Thanks.

Better get my wallet ready :) Could someone tell me what games are in the gift pile. I can't log in to the page at work due to Steam Guard, since I don't have access to my email. The overlay is blocking my view of the page.

Great to see the sale back. I can pick up the games that i decided not to go for in past sales.

Just picked up Bastion. I don't think it is properly in the sale, so it'll turn up in a couple of days for half the price i paid for it.

It looks like some of the pricing is wrong at the moment. I'm interested in buying Portal 2, but the price is switching between 50% and 75% off.

I saw that too. Pretty funny that the servers can't even keep up with the website layout haha. Never in my years I would of thought seeing server strain happening live like that.

It looks like some of the pricing is wrong at the moment. I'm interested in buying Portal 2, but the price is switching between 50% and 75% off.

I saw 75%... although Metro 2033 was -00% off :rofl:

I don't get how every time there's a steam sale the servers go down. :s

I'm pretty sure a few million people trying to buy stuff at the same time would nuke most sites.

Portal 2 is sticking at 75% off by the looks of things. If you don't own it there's no reason not to get it now.

I'm pretty sure a few million people trying to buy stuff at the same time would nuke most sites.

That'd work for the first couple times they have a sale, but they should have worked the problems out by now.

That'd work for the first couple times they have a sale, but they should have worked the problems out by now.

There's only so much bandwith available for them though. I'd imagine most of the bandwith they allocate has to go to their game download servers and content servers. Then again, I agree by now after the past few years of this, they might have augmented the bandwith for this time of year specifically or something...

I wuv steam sales.

On another note, in the image in the OP, what is the third game on the first row? It says it is unavailable in my location. I'm just curious what game it is.

Saw Sins of a Solar Empire is on sale, but not a featured item. I'll likely pick that up if last day if it ends up not being a featured item. Other then that, i don't see myself buying too many games during this sale - as i have a large, large backlog of games to play.

On another note, in the image in the OP, what is the third game on the first row? It says it is unavailable in my location. I'm just curious what game it is.

Singularity.