aero glass texture in windows 7

Alright never noticed this till now, bought a laptop with windows 7 home premium... never had home edition before, always had ultimate and professional... my three desktops with pro and ultimate on the glass doesn't have that diagonal glass pattern, but premium does

here's what it looks like on win 7 ult

post-47883-0-99322300-1327869510_thumb.p

here's what it looks like on my new laptop... running win 7 home prem

post-47883-0-77750000-1327869654_thumb.p

see the difference? why is it like this? I haven't seen this texture since I had Windows Vista! I liked the flat glass look I had on all my desktops..

anyone know whats up? is this just a home edition thing? or did HP change something....

another odd tidbit... all my windows 7 ultimate and pro's are showing for the windows color as : Windows 7 Basic... strange? I have aero enabled... but the new laptop shows it just as the color "Sky" and on the ultimate/pro no mater what color I change it to, it always says windows 7 basic

My guess is it depends on your transparency setting for Aero. I have it but it's less visible (to invisible) with certain backgrounds, and more visible if I decrease the transparency setting.

I have home premium and I have the flat glass bar, but when i had professional that had the stripes

I have ult and pro and no stripes, just flat glass... home prem striped glass that stands out too much, and with everything the same, its still different, same resolution, same transparency settings, same "theme" everything... but get differnt effects

well this is weird, I reran the system performance evaulation that gives you your system score, after that the stripes disappeared, and now don't come back even after a restart, odd? anyone else able to repo that that has stripes?

I have the lines on my HP laptop with Professional and never liked the lines. Depending on the wallpaper color, sometimes makes it look like they or gone are less noticable.

I have the lines on my HP laptop with Professional and never liked the lines. Depending on the wallpaper color, sometimes makes it look like they or gone are less noticable.

reun the aero assesment on the HP laptop and see if the lines go away, they disappeared when I did it, I always have a solid color as my background so the wallpaper isn't making a difference in this case for me

always had the stripes on both my home premium and ultimate editions as far as I can remember

edit: I meant to say professional instead of ultimate

do they disappear after you rerun your system aero/computer assessment though?

nope

weird, whys it do that on every system I own...... I figure the desktops are doing it because when I installed them they had no drivers that worked with the newer graphics cards, didn't get anything DWM wise until they where installed and the system reassessed and after the reassessment thats when they disappeared....

I have the lines on this laptop running Win 7 Enterprise. Reran the assessment and they were still there.

I'd actually like to know the proper way of making those lines go away. :p

I have the lines on this laptop running Win 7 Enterprise. Reran the assessment and they were still there.

I'd actually like to know the proper way of making those lines go away. :p

*shrugs* seems to be all I have to do to get them to go away *LOL* I hate those lines, that's why I was supprised to see them in the new system, felt like vista again to me, haven't seen them in win7 since it was RTM

The taskbar of my VMware Fusion Guest PC used to have those lines, but they seem to have disappeared. Gotta love Windows!

I used to have that, too. I think it was fixed through a VMware Tools update or a Fusion update.

Well this is odd, I had the texture a few hours ago and now it's gone :( Ah well, Aero looks better without the texture anyway.

yes, it does, the texture is a big of an eyesore / distraction... but I wish I knew what was up with this I haven't seen that alpha texture since vista... never had it in windows 7 in aero with glass, now it shows up, but then goes away after the system assessment test running again

i have that glass bit thingie in windows media player on Windows 7 Professional?

I seeee Its the density. you see when you make it really Dense (like you want it colour black?) and you adjust the slider .. you can see the texture... but when you adjust the slider to right.. it dissapears.. :o

Hope that helps ;)

Also it's probably been brought up already, but it's not based on screen resolution, is it? Or aspect ratio?

but seeing differences when its the same resolution and 16:10 ratio? that's the problem with that theory, is I'm getting different results based on OS level not screen or graphics card differences

i have that glass bit thingie in windows media player on Windows 7 Professional?

I seeee Its the density. you see when you make it really Dense (like you want it colour black?) and you adjust the slider .. you can see the texture... but when you adjust the slider to right.. it dissapears.. :o

Hope that helps ;)

that's not it, as I have said before with all thesettings exactly the same you see different results