Car Mods

He didnt take it personally, he was laughing too. When i think about it still, i laugh hard, i went outside yesterday and i saw the car and i went up behind it and pretended it was a shopping cart, i could not stop laughing.

lol, it looks good on that car, but some i've seen are well high and on some cars there never gonna need that much downforce, they just end up like a modified shopping cart something man,

Model: Hyundai Elantra

Year: 2001

Engine: It runs, probably a 4 cylinder

Tires: Bald

Color: I say its green but every one else says it's blue.

Sunroof: Yes

Power locks and Windows: Yes

Remote Keyless: Yes

Old OEM CD Player stopped working So I installed my own and made some boo boos: Yes

Mods: Designer dent above the rear tires on the left and right wells. Crumpled hood and broken head light on the passenger side. Dent on the trunk and many strategically placed scratch's on rear bumper. Dent on top of car from basketball hoop being pushed over on top of it.

Interior Mods: Strategically placed cigarette burns, Professional removal of the passenger side visor by my two year old son, topped off with a very nice decorative array of pop bottles, papers and candy wrappers.

Future mods: Oil change (NEW STICKER!) and new tires

I will post photo's soon!

powerful truck.. except dodge/chrysler have to be THE biggest pieces of crap on the market.

LMMFAO!!! What? you'd rather have a Ford? You ever actaully take one apart? even GM for that matter? come on weak plastic gears (Ford) and compressed paper (GM)? I'd take steel anyday.

Oh ya, my family's only had 1 Chrusler product die, EVER, taht was a '83 LeBaron, and that was because it hit a deer, which cracked the engine block....

Seriosuly though, spend a few weeks disassembling some of each american manufacturer's cars, and you will blatantly see the difference in quality.

NOTE: Old GM muscle cars are fine, IMHO, their newer stuff is cheap though...but Ford is still the worst...

LMMFAO!!! What? you'd rather have a Ford? You ever actaully take one apart? even GM for that matter? come on weak plastic gears (Ford) and compressed paper (GM)? I'd take steel anyday.

Oh ya, my family's only had 1 Chrusler product die, EVER, taht was a '83 LeBaron, and that was because it hit a deer, which cracked the engine block....

Seriosuly though, spend a few weeks disassembling some of each american manufacturer's cars, and you will blatantly see the difference in quality.

NOTE: Old GM muscle cars are fine, IMHO, their newer stuff is cheap though...but Ford is still the worst...

Hey could you point me some where that show's pics of the plastic gears and the paper ones?

I can believe the plastic because I have seen some where that they can make plastic as strong or stronger then steal but conpressed paper I don't know about that

Hey could you point me some where that show's pics of the plastic gears and the paper ones?

I can believe the plastic because I have seen some where that they can make plastic as strong or stronger then steal but conpressed paper I don't know about that

notice I told you to disassemble some yourself?

Thos ebrown colored gears in the GM cars, ya, those are compressed paper. go ahead and smash it (not that hard, a quick blow to the ground will do it), you'll see exactly what it is.

Those plastic gears on the ford vehicles, are not anything special. You can bend em very easily, strip the gears off a little less easily. If you bend it though, it cannot be used again, any torsion on it and it'll snap.

Believe me, my all time favorite car used to be the firebird (and camaro), I loved all the years. i even liked the mustang. My parents couldn't understand why i liked such crappy cars, but I liked them. Then I took 3 years of mechanics. During that time I saw all the shotty workmanship and cheap parts in the GM and Ford cars. The axels that are hollow and the metal as thick as a cd, and skinny...UV joints left completely uncovered FROM THE FACTORY, crappy gears. Pistons so thin I can't believe they didn't just blow up. Steering columns that were verry brittle and would RUST through before the body showed any major signs of it. Cheap brake lines that after one winter would be so brittle if you twist them in the slightest, they would explode in your hand.

I did see some poorly made chrysler products aswell, but only in their cheap models, and nothing that horribly unsafe

-Make - Mini

-Model - Cooper S Works

-Year - 2003

-Color - Grey

-Engine - Stock 1.6 Supercharged in-line 4

-Mods - None

-Est/Apx Horse Power - 215bhp

-Make - BMW

-Model - X5 4.6iS

-Year - 2002

-Color - Blue

-Engine - 4.6 V8

-Mods - better tyres, chipped

-Est/Apx Horse Power - 380bhp

-Make - BMW

-Model - M3

-Year - 2002

-Color - Jet Black

-Engine - 3.2 in-line 6, SMG Gearbox

-Mods - chipped

-Est/Apx Horse Power - 375bhp

-Make - BMW

-Model - M5

-Year - 2003

-Color - Jet Black

-Engine - 5.0 V8

-Mods - chipped

-Est/Apx Horse Power - 460bhp

All the BMW's are going in the next few months to be replaced with an Overfinch Range Rover (as the X5 sucks off-road) and either an SL55 or an SL65 Mercedes (as the new 5 series is fugly...)

m3x5mini.jpg

m3m5rear.jpg

m3m5side.jpg

-Make - Mini

-Model - Cooper S Works

-Year - 2003

-Color - Grey

-Mods - None

-Make - BMW

-Model - X5 4.6iS

-Year - 2002

-Color - Blue

-Engine - 4.6 V8

-Make - BMW

-Model - M3

-Year - 2002

-Color - Jet Black

-Mods - chipped

-Make - BMW

-Model - M5

-Year - 2003

-Color - Jet Black

-Engine - 5.0 V8

-Mods - chipped

All the BMW's are going in the next few months to be replaced with an Overfinch Range Rover (as the X5 sucks off-road) and either an SL55 or an SL65 Mercedes (as the new 5 series is fugly...)

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3x5mini.jpg

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3m5rear.jpg

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3m5side.jpg

hmm...not sure if you'd be happy with the range rover, unless you REALLY modify it. They are a little too top heavy for my liking of off-roading... besides, the M5 is nice....I couldn't see myself giving it up that easily

hmm...not sure if you'd be happy with the range rover, unless you REALLY modify it. They are a little too top heavy for my liking of off-roading... besides, the M5 is nice....I couldn't see myself giving it up that easily

http://www.overfinch.com - Overfinch Bespoke Vehicles - Not your everyday Range Rover...

The 580 S is the first non-GM based (i.e. Chevrolet Small block powered) flagship model for fully 20 years. It utilises our hand built 5 litre version of the 4.4 litre BMW power plant now found in the vehicle. Producing 380 bhp (+98) 279 kw and 376 lbs ft (510 Nm) it turns a standard Third Generation Range Rover into a really sporting vehicle capable of accelerating from zero to 100 mph (160 kph) fully 9 seconds quicker than the ordinary 4.4 litre version.

And the SL55 (let alone the SL65 when it arrives) is a far better car than the M5...

http://www.overfinch.com - Overfinch Bespoke Vehicles - Not your everyday Range Rover...

The 580 S is the first non-GM based (i.e. Chevrolet Small block powered) flagship model for fully 20 years. It utilises our hand built 5 litre version of the 4.4 litre BMW power plant now found in the vehicle. Producing 380 bhp (+98) 279 kw and 376 lbs ft (510 Nm) it turns a standard Third Generation Range Rover into a really sporting vehicle capable of accelerating from zero to 100 mph (160 kph) fully 9 seconds quicker than the ordinary 4.4 litre version.

And the SL55 (let alone the SL65 when it arrives) is a far better car than the M5...

acceleration is ok, but not everything you need for a 4X4.

I have to agree, it doesn't look too top heavy. It does look LOW though. Definitely could do with new suspension, wheels and tires...but it does seem like a pretty nice one though...gotta admit, first RR I've ever liked

I have to agree, it doesn't look too top heavy. It does look LOW though. Definitely could do with new suspension, wheels and tires...but it does seem like a pretty nice one though...gotta admit, first RR I've ever liked

It's got air suspension - you can adjust the ride height.

The Range Rover is one of the best large 4x4's off road - masses of torque and all the gizmos help greatly. The X5 is pretty useless off road (and I do use it properly off-road, unlike most 4x4 drivers)

The power makes it useable on the road as well... :whistle:

It's got air suspension - you can adjust the ride height.

The Range Rover is one of the best large 4x4's off road - masses of torque and all the gizmos help greatly. The X5 is pretty useless off road (and I do use it properly off-road, unlike most 4x4 drivers)

The power makes it useable on the road as well... :whistle:

ahh...didn't notice the ride height got adjusted aswell. I like that thing even better...

and ya, I know the X5 isn't great for off-roading

off-roading is a different kind of fun. I like trying to see what kinda angle I can put the vehicle in before it seems like it's gonna tip...you can go up and down some prety scary cliffs. Rally racing's a bit more my style though. I learned drifting when I was 8 and I was under supervision....on a wide open road in winter. Been doing it ever since. I love having the car sideways in the gravel or snow and having more control over the car than somebody keeping it straight.

-Make - Mini

-Model - Cooper S Works

-Year - 2003

-Color - Grey

-Mods - None

-Make - BMW

-Model - X5 4.6iS

-Year - 2002

-Color - Blue

-Engine - 4.6 V8

-Make - BMW

-Model - M3

-Year - 2002

-Color - Jet Black

-Mods - chipped

-Make - BMW

-Model - M5

-Year - 2003

-Color - Jet Black

-Engine - 5.0 V8

-Mods - chipped

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3x5mini.jpg

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3m5rear.jpg

http://qwaqwa.com/images/m3m5side.jpg

Wait! Are all of those 4 cars yours? :omg: :ninja: :o

Currently driving a BMW '86 325es.

Mods include:

Eilbach Springs and Bilstien Sport Shocks

M-Technic body kit

i motronic head swap

Dinan chip

Will be swapping the differential soon, as well as thinking about adding a turbo (though thats a bit further off) but that will be dependant on the latest rebuild and some further tests to insure the engine will take the abuse (190,027 on the clock, Go little e30 :D )

Will post some picks of the latest get together when I get them from my friend.

off-roading is a different kind of fun. I like trying to see what kinda angle I can put the vehicle in before it seems like it's gonna tip...you can go up and down some prety scary cliffs. Rally racing's a bit more my style though. I learned drifting when I was 8 and I was under supervision....on a wide open road in winter. Been doing it ever since. I love having the car sideways in the gravel or snow and having more control over the car than somebody keeping it straight.

Yeah, Drifting is the ****, man i totaly now what you mean, you have to know exactly how to control your car. My honda is not my drifting machine, my friend has a s14 silvia and we use that, its so awesome, a big rush of adrenaline.