iTunes for XP?

Question

They never set a time. Companies don't do that. Just a day. It'll be released when they're done editing their web page or something...

See, that's pretty logical! :happy:

This post was posted and/if without any cynical words.

All we know is that Jobs is giving a press conference sometime today, and as soon as he says the magic words, "And it's available......NOW", it'll be available on the website.

I'm guessing you guys should be able to get it sometime mid-afternoon. Around 2 or 3 would be my guess.

/been enjoying iTunes since June

the iTMS is 'closed' now, updates are comming soon :p

Very true. I wonder why they'd close the store though? Perhaps they're adding more servers to the mix, to handle the new traffic?

I hope they don't change the layout of the store itself...i like it just the way it is.

Very true. I wonder why they'd close the store though? Perhaps they're adding more servers to the mix, to handle the new traffic?

I hope they don't change the layout of the store itself...i like it just the way it is.

They are replacing all the AAC files with 192kbps AAC :p

**I hope so at least...

Very true.  I wonder why they'd close the store though?  Perhaps they're adding more servers to the mix, to handle the new traffic?

They are replacing all the AAC files with 192kbps AAC :p

**I hope so at least...

That'd be nice.

Even better would be on-the-fly encoding, allowing users to choose their compression type and bitrate.

Someone in the Mac section mentioned that this is actually being on a music website, so it's entirely possible, I suppose.

waiting, not avaible yet....

As was just mentioned, it won't be available until some time after 1pm EST (10am PST). So don't hold your breath, unless you can hold it for an hour and a half....in which case go ahead.

That's 1PM EST which is GMT-5, So that would be around 7PM I believe for you.

My expectation is that it'll get released around 1:30PM EST, though.

i wanna d/l intunes still today...10AM PST what time @ GMT+1? btw, what is PST?

PST is "Pacific Standard Time", the time zone on the west coast of the United States, it's GMT-8, so GMT+1 is 7pm, if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, we all have another 90 minutes or so to wait.

PST is pacific time in USA, EST is eastern time, there is a 3hr difference between teh western part of the usa, and the easter time.

as far as GMT, i have no clue :p

oh and question, anyword on a linux version?

lol, I don't think iTunes Music Store will be an application you download just as its not on a Mac.

On a Mac you access the iTunes Music Store via iTunes 4. It is a web based service, I don't think Apple will release iTunes for a PC somehow lol.