iTunes for XP?

Question

I noticed that as well, very reminiscent of QT for Windows.

WTF are you talking about? It looks *exactly* the same just has a different title bar...

Seriously though, if MS ever tried to release an app for Macs that looked EXACTLY like the windows version of the same app, would Apple users stand for it? I remember when Office 6 for Mac was hated so much, and the number 1 reason for the hatred was that "it doesn't look like a Mac App!" So why don't they have to be held to the same standard? I hate their brushed steel thing.

Seriously though, if MS ever tried to release an app for Macs that looked EXACTLY like the windows version of the same app, would Apple users stand for it? I remember when Office 6 for Mac was hated so much, and the number 1 reason for the hatred was that "it doesn't look like a Mac App!" So why don't they have to be held to the same standard? I hate their brushed steel thing.

who cares? 99% of the apps in windows look like crap anyways. apple is waaaaaaaaay ahead in this category.

only thing i dont like is the fact its a resource hog on my machine, other than that it feels and looks great, will be my defualt media player once the radio is up :)

who cares? 99% of the apps in windows look like crap anyways. apple is waaaaaaaaay ahead in this category.

But if I wanted the Apple look and feel, don't you think I would have long ago "switched?" Make the apps look they they should on each platform, and let me choose the platform I like. Don't make me adhere to Apple's UI on my PC. I happen to think they could have done a windows-looking app just fine, and being apple, of course they'd make it look good. I just think if Mac users hold MS to their graphic standards on Apple Computers, then why shouldn't they do likewise for PC users?

Well, it looks like it's not the failure on Windows that everybody said it will be. Seems to run pretty nicely.

By the way, for those who haven't seen it yet, check out Apples homepage.

"Hell froze over." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But if I wanted the Apple look and feel, don't you think I would have long ago "switched?" Make the apps look they they should on each platform, and let me choose the platform I like. Don't make me adhere to Apple's UI on my PC. I happen to think they could have done a windows-looking app just fine, and being apple, of course they'd make it look good. I just think if Mac users hold MS to their graphic standards on Apple Computers, then why shouldn't they do likewise for PC users?

Then why not just simply not download iTunes for Windows and get over it? They have better graphic designers than Microsoft, it's that simple.

This messed up my install of quicktime alternative. It just fails to render the file now, I guess because Quicktime 6.4 gets installed.

Edit no it didn't, I can open within MPC but not by double clickint .mov files :s

edit, nm fixed