iTunes for XP?

Question

I want to test the acc encoding, how is the quality? right now Im changing the default settings to a 224kps quality

so does itunes only work on xp?

is there a way to get it on 98/me?

it also work in windows 2000? why apple wants to make it work in older and obsolete OS? the 9x kernell is history.

If you really want try to download it and install

Well, color me impressed. Besides the slightly more drab brushed GUI and the title bar, it's exactly the same as iTunes for Mac. If I had any music on my PC, I'd definitely use it.

I did add one folder to the iTunes library, but unfortunately it doesn't copy the songs to the "iTunes Music" folder.

Oh well. Looks like you PC users will have to go on manually organizing your music collections. ;)

Well, color me impressed.  Besides the slightly more drab brushed GUI and the title bar, it's exactly the same as iTunes for Mac.  If I had any music on my PC, I'd definitely use it.

I did add one folder to the iTunes library, but unfortunately it doesn't copy the songs to the "iTunes Music" folder.

Oh well.  Looks like you PC users will have to go on manually organizing your music collections. ;)

there is an option to copy your music to the iTunes music folder in the preferences

post-12-1066333955.png

anyone know how I can get artwork for the cd on each playlist , I drag it there but when I pick another playlist to listen from the images dissapear? :(

Might be able to highlight all the songs in the album then drag the art in

fair enuf but i wouldnt have tought it would have been hard to realease a 9x version

tougher than you think, the nt plataform manages resources completely different, maybe they dont have time to write optimized code to every plataform

Oh man, I take back what I just said. You PC guys CAN set up iTunes to automatically organize ALL your music, by artist then by album. Hell, it even keeps the filenames organized, "XX Song Name" where XX is the track number...just like the Mac version.

If you want to do this, just:

1 - Open Edit->Preferences

2 - Open the 'Advanced' Tab

3 - Make sure "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" are checked

4 - Now go to File->Add Folder to Library

5 - Click your music folder

6 - Wait a few minutes

7 - Voila!

Now all your music is completely organized. And if you change a song's ID3 tag, iTunes updates the folder name or filename accordingly.

It's a beautful thing!

Does anyone know whats going on here, or how I can fix it? It keeps giving me this error message everytime i load it... :-\

You need to restart for the burning plugin to be installed. Just restart your computer and it should go away...