iTunes for XP?

Question

finally got around to using it. works great on my lappy. very awesome app.

one weird thing, whenever i closed my lappy, it got all choppy and distorted. if i paused/played, everythign was fine again, but i still couldn't close my screen.

Open up explorer, select a bunch of artists, drag to iTunes, rinse and repeat.

Of course, why didn?t I think of that? Thanks.

P.S. I?ve already uninstalled it, though.:whistle:e:

MavPhoenix: Disabling Norton firewall solved my prob with the "not enough memory" msg... I can access the store now.

THANK YOU!!!

Worked like a charm. A little funny though, perhaps it's time to find another firewall. :/

they've been in there for ages. Apple will never support WMA, do you think MS would turn around and throw AAC into windows media player?

and vorbis won't be supported either although there are plugins for the mac, so you can play Ogg files

AAC isn't an Apple format, it's like MP3 only newer. WMP supports MP3 doesn't it?

There's nothing stopping Microsoft from developing a WMA plugin for Quicktime, and there already is one for OGG. And those work in iTunes.

they've been in there for ages. Apple will never support WMA, do you think MS would turn around and throw AAC into windows media player?

and vorbis won't be supported either although there are plugins for the mac, so you can play Ogg files

AAC isn't an Apple format, it's like MP3 only newer. WMP supports MP3 doesn't it?

There's nothing stopping Microsoft from developing a WMA plugin for Quicktime, and there already is one for OGG. And those work in iTunes.

No, you can only rip your CD's to WMA, but there are plugins for MP3 encoding...:D

add files 100 at a time until you figure out which 'batch' is causing itunes to crash. When you figure out which file is to blame - take a look at the id3 tags (the names of the tags as well as the content). Try clearing the tags out and importing the song again. Send some feedback to apple and they'll get this fixed in the 4.1.1 upgrade.

no, I found the songs that make it crash but how do I report it to apple.com?

Mav Phoenix: when you have itunes open and open a file it does that dude. so I did "add file to library..." and it still crashes.

anyone??? :sleep:

I don't know what bitrate the preview files run at.

But it's not uncommon for there to be songs that completely destroy a codec like this.

There are some that'll even kill a lossless codec.

no, I found the songs that make it crash but how do I report it to apple.com?

Mav Phoenix: when you have itunes open and open a file it does that dude. so I did "add file to library..." and it still crashes.

Oh... :whistle: :whistle: :D :blush:

what a crappy program... damn... I cant believe it... Its worse than windows media player 9. And you think that M$ makes the best boatware out there, huh?. Well you aint seen nothing...

I cant understand why the ppl that use apple is so excited?? with this crap. I cant undestand. Oh well. I can understand. They cant see nothing more than this sh*t.

Someone tell an excellent? (ROFL) idea. If you wanna run the store (haha, wtf?) you better turn off your norton firewall!!.

Two of the most bloatware existing today. And this is nothing compared with the upcomming "new" applications (nothing really change but the requirements).

According with zerolimit iTunes uses 298MB!!. Look that!.

OMG, nothing is enough??.

DAMN.

I can see the near future with crappy likes this running on super machine with 2GB of main memory and saying, "Not enough memory".

Ahhh Of course it has the lastest (stupid) animations and you can buy anything!!... haha. I wonder how is the DB of apple now... But something is sure, they are getting more and more data. Every minute, every second. Yes, now when you are reading this. And that will never stop :D

Bloatware? Apple?

Just a tip for people who want support for Ogg files:

Go to http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net and download the Win32-oggvorbis.zip file. Then unzip the qtx file from the archive into C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime, and you have OGG support in iTunes.

:D

The only problem is it pauses for 30 seconds before it finally plays the file :(

I'm kinda wondering why Apple hasn't included support for it.

It is open source after all, and they seem to like that now.

I wonder if this will turn out just to be a fad for Windows users. :/

I downloaded it and am using it now as a matter of fact, but I don't know if it'll stay on my system despite there being parts of it I like (volume leveling, great library). I think because it is so very different from other software out there that it grabs a lot of attention, but will it hold with so many other offerings on Windows.

anyone??? :sleep:

Good lord!

Yeah, unfortunately, I think it's gonna sound like that, because I thought previews were full quality. Unless they changed it, I don't think there's much you can do. That song doesn't do well compressed anyways :s