iTunes for XP?

Question

,Oct 16 2003, 22:12] What it needs to be totally perfect:

get album info from internet for mp3 and acc files (including cover art)

give us more power over tagless files instead of making the unknow album forlder

iTunes is designed with Legality in mind. Audio coming from legit sources, so CD ripping is accompanied by CDDB, and iTMS has its own ID3 info ... i very much doubt iTunes would incorporate a system for detecting music's tags, after its been ripped, and likely illegally downloaded.

well, I just ripped some albums with itunes and neither got the cover art... so that completes my point

I like iTunes for the Internet Radio, and access to clips of major music...like...i mean...its very easy just to say..oh what's that song...uh...ya know by 50 Cent, and then i can go and hear 30 second clips of any song!! i love that. I just hope that Apple can expand their library to over 500,000 like Napster 2.0.

WOW...I just LOVE THE INTERNET RAdio...way better than like Launch.com and other internet radio services...its such a great interface for getting all these Station!!! Geezz....amazing. I can't wait till we can get an iTunes Radio Service for our cars.

Edited by rocks1985

I downloaded it.

I installed it.

I used it.

I uninstalled it.

I didn't like it one bit. Saying that I don't really like programs like that. Winamp 2.x plays music and that is all I want. i don't want a big application that can burn music, etc. I have Nero for that so why do I need iTunes to burn music also?! Also I don't like QuickTime which also put me off. I have QuickTime Alternative installed can't it just use that ;)

I am sure it is a good program for those that like it, it felt solid and had an OK UI but just isnt for me. I wont buy any music with it as I rip from my own CDs or download from Usenet. Considering it has taken so long I guess I am a little disappointed :shrugs:

why dissapointed? you knew its was going to be the same as apple?s iTunes and thats what you get, what have you been expecting then?

,Oct 16 2003, 22:22]
,Oct 16 2003, 22:12] What it needs to be totally perfect:

get album info from internet for mp3 and acc files (including cover art)

give us more power over tagless files instead of making the unknow album forlder

iTunes is designed with Legality in mind. Audio coming from legit sources, so CD ripping is accompanied by CDDB, and iTMS has its own ID3 info ... i very much doubt iTunes would incorporate a system for detecting music's tags, after its been ripped, and likely illegally downloaded.

well, I just ripped some albums with itunes and neither got the cover art... so that completes my point

Sorry, i thought you meant the ID3 tags ... not the Coverart ... i agree the coverart should be auto downloaded!

Considering it has taken so long I guess I am a little disappointed :shrugs:

You do know this app was developed in under a year, right?

And how long has Winamp and WMP being developed for?

I think it's fair to say that something this advanced in under a year is a terrific accomplishment.

There is no real reason for me not liking it I just don't see any features that mean I should use it over any other media player. To me it is a "same ****, different toilet" kind of thing.

Yes I know it was developed in under a year it is just that all the hype about it i guess I just expected it to be the be all and end all of every other media player available, but not that it is here it is nothing special. It is kinda like Matrix Reloaded :p

There is no real reason for me not liking it I just don't see any features that mean I should use it over any other media player. To me it is a "same ****, different toilet" kind of thing.

Yes I know it was developed in under a year it is just that all the hype about it i guess I just expected it to be the be all and end all of every other media player available, but not that it is here it is nothing special. It is kinda like Matrix Reloaded :p

well, that defeats your point because iTunes its a media center, not a media player.

BTW, if you didnt like matrix reloaded its because you dont like to think about philosophy ;)

If my friend and I both buy ipods, can we trade music if we bought them from the apple store on differetn accounts?

and why are all the cds "clean" :pinch:

,Oct 16 2003, 22:34]

well, that defeats your point because iTunes its a media center, not a media player.

BTW, if you didnt like matrix reloaded its because you dont like to think about philosophy ;)

I like the story however I thought, as like millions of others, the film was poor. I came out of the cinema thinking LOADS about the matrix, etc. (infact I think about it pretty much every day!) but I also felt like there was no real need to make it a seperate film. I wont know until Revolutions for sure however it does look like they could have cut Reloaded down to about 45 minutes and just made Revolutions longer. However that wouldnt have made as much money :p

Sorry for going OT!

iTunes for windows is close enough to the mac version, that most windows users should be satasfied that a truely decent music player is out there...

Now for my question, I havent yet found out how to minimize iTunes to the system tray. There is a nice little tray icon, and I wanna take full advantage of it.

well, big words doesnt make music (in some cases they even ruin it) but of course some generes seems to be completely swearing dependent, good thing for me than almost none of my fav artists swear or swear very little and because its needed to gave power to the music so I just need to wait the service come to my country

Anyone else having iTunes crash when adding a large folder of music to the library.

When i tell iTunes to add my mp3 folder which has well over 40 gigs in it, iTunes starts adding then after about a minute it crash's. If i add the folders one by one it has no problems but i'll damned if im adding that many folders maunally.

Will say that iTunes seems to have a much cleaner sound.

I installed itunes and loaded up the music I had, but iTunes decided to sort all my music and it renamed it all too since I had it named artist-song.mp3...itunes moved the song into folder (artist) and changed the name to just song.mp3. Is there anyway I can get it back to how I had it?

well I am searching on google but having trouble finding what I need, I need a converter to change my wma's to mp3 (or aac) in one large move, they are all in different folders so I am trying to find something that would allow me to drag the file names form my search of "*.wma" files to the program so I dont have to select individual folders. thanks for the help

I installed itunes and loaded up the music I had, but iTunes decided to sort all my music and it renamed it all too since I had it named artist-song.mp3...itunes moved the song into folder (artist) and changed the name to just song.mp3. Is there anyway I can get it back to how I had it?

there is no way Im afraid, you should have played with the options before adding media :(

well I am searching on google but having trouble finding what I need, I need a converter to change my wma's to mp3 (or aac) in one large move, they are all in different folders so I am trying to find something that would allow me to drag the file names form my search of "*.wma" files to the program so I dont have to select individual folders. thanks for the help

the player itself convert audio files to acc

Goodbye wmp and winamp... I love iTunes :) but I can't access the music store... I get an error msg "we could not complete your music store request. there is not enough memory available". Anyone know what it's caused by? Problem on their end or mine? I do have truckloads of memory so that shouldn't be a prob.

This seems like an easy question, but why can't I play AAC files from CDS in ripped in iTunes in Windows Media Player? Didn't itunes just instal the codec for it, or can only that program play them?

aww that's a pain... thanks for the info saint dark.

your welcome, at least it didnt scrwed your files, maybe you will get used to the new naming form

if your not in the USA or Canada (I think) then you get an error "we could not complete your music store request. there is not enough memory available" when trying to access the music store.

Big disapointment.

if your not in the USA or Canada (I think) then you get an error "we could not complete your music store request. there is not enough memory available" when trying to access the music store.

Big disapointment.

So what does it mean if you get that error and you do live in the U.S.?