iTunes for XP?

Question

if your not in the USA or Canada (I think) then you get an error "we could not complete your music store request. there is not enough memory available" when trying to access the music store.

Big disapointment.

So what does it mean if you get that error and you do live in the U.S.?

are you getting this error and you live in the USA? :blink:

if you are then it maynot be what I said, there may still be hope for us none USA to use the service :unsure:

if you are then it maynot be what I said, there may still be hope for us none USA to use the service  :unsure:

Last time I checked I was still in the USA. :huh:

At first I thought it was a common problem, but then I read people saying they were able to access the Music Store. Any ideas why this isn't working for me?

if you are then it maynot be what I said, there may still be hope for us none USA to use the service  :unsure:

Last time I checked I was still in the USA. :huh:

At first I thought it was a common problem, but then I read people saying they were able to access the Music Store. Any ideas why this isn't working for me?

maybe it assumes your not in the USA? a proxy server perhaps, just a guess. :unsure:

WMP doesn't play nice with AAC files. You can download the Direct Show codecs over at 3ivx, associate M4A files with WMP and then double click your favorite AAC file and it should play (after asking you if the file is safe).

I imagine someone will get around to writting a WMA plugin for quicktime on windows, but at the moment the only apps I know that can deal with windows media files are xine, mplayer, and vlc - none of those have quicktime compatible plugins. Until this time Windows users had no real need for quicktime to do more than just play MOV files.

Without sounding too much like a jerk: this is the issue of encoding in non-standard audio formats. Using WMA puts up barriers to the non-windows world. Using Mpeg4 does the same, but the standard is well documented - so at least it was easy to make aac work on non-mac platforms.

If re-encoding using MP3 is an option for you - that might be something to consider. It will work everywhere, it's reasonably good quality/megabyte if you use LAME, and though not free - it's still free (as in beer).

crappiest thing ever i swear, if you add say a mixed cd it will rename it and put each artist in its own folder, now thats whack! Must be what i get for using an Apple program on a PC :p

Select all the songs on the mixed CD.

Get Info

Check "Part of a compilation"

Ensure they all have the same album name.

now they will be handled correctly.

iTunes is very dependent on ID3 tags.

Anyone else having iTunes crash when adding a large folder of music to the library.

When i tell iTunes to add my mp3 folder which has well over 40 gigs in it, iTunes starts adding then after about a minute it crash's. If i add the folders one by one it has no problems but i'll damned if im adding that many folders maunally.

Will say that iTunes seems to have a much cleaner sound.

Yep, that happens to me too... I already uninstalled it, it?s not superior to WMP9 anyway.

crappiest thing ever i swear, if you add say a mixed cd it will rename it and put each artist in its own folder, now thats whack! Must be what i get for using an Apple program on a PC :p

you must be slow.

check the "part of a compilation" option in the ripping features.

be sure to check the whole program options before talk nonsense

I like the library style playlist much better than wmp's but the program seems clumsy and looks really bad....

any chance you can get rid of the brused look? its looks horrible

Anyone else having iTunes crash when adding a large folder of music to the library.

When i tell iTunes to add my mp3 folder which has well over 40 gigs in it, iTunes starts adding then after about a minute it crash's. If i add the folders one by one it has no problems but i'll damned if im adding that many folders maunally.

Will say that iTunes seems to have a much cleaner sound.

Yep, that happens to me too... I already uninstalled it, it?s not superior to WMP9 anyway.

Im not having any problem with adding large folders.

btw, care to explain how its not superior? :rolleyes::

,Oct 16 2003, 22:37] this is not a matter of opinions but a matter of features and functionality

imho its

slow,

looks butt ugly,

seems to use 100%cpu when u have audio enhancements on,

pretty big gui.

It has a nice media libary layout tho

think i might stick to wmp9

if your not in the USA or Canada (I think) then you get an error "we could not complete your music store request. there is not enough memory available" when trying to access the music store.

Big disapointment.

So what does it mean if you get that error and you do live in the U.S.?

if you are then it maynot be what I said, there may still be hope for us none USA to use the service :unsure:

Me as well. I'm in the USA and it is still giving me that error. I actually posted about it with a screen shot 10 or so pages back. :p

imho its

slow,

looks butt ugly,

seems to use 100%cpu when u have audio enhancements on,

pretty big gui.

It has a nice media libary layout tho

think i might stick to wmp9

I suppose that you've got to give them the credit for how quickly they've been able to get this software out on time though, :)

If my friend and I both buy ipods, can we trade music if we bought them from the apple store on differetn accounts?

and why are all the cds "clean" :pinch:

Anyone??? :huh:

You can authorize up to 3 computers (and one iPod) to play the music assigned to your account. So, if you don't have too many computers that you use regularly, you can autorize your friends computer as one, I suppsoe. However, to add another computer after the 3rd, you have to deauthorize one, and that may be a hassle if you're friend isnt' readily available. The system works well for me seeing as I have a PC and an iBook (and eventually a G5), and doesn't entirely stop sharing between close friends, but it's still protected.

Mine is "Pod!"

Now, before you go wtf, take a look at that upside down ;)

You da man Tim (Y)

Oh, and my iMac's HD name was "Caw!" (it's close enough :p )