iTunes for XP?

Question

Sorry, but I can't be bothered to read through this whole thread so kick me if this has been answered 20 times.

- Is there a way to import wma files? Is there something you can install to allow this?

- Is there a way to remove it from the taskbar and only have it show in the system tray?

The only complaint that I have about iTunes is that it doesn't have an "Always on Top" option. I'd like to be able to have the player running in mini mode and have it over top of my work.

haha I'm actually slowly renaming them all back, cause I only picked one of my playlists to do this with, so about 100 or so mp3's...

be thankful, my friend added his whole mp3 directory of 10k songs... and since they're asian, its screwed them up. poor him :p

be thankful, my friend added his whole mp3 directory of 10k songs... and since they're asian, its screwed them up. poor him :p

...thank you for posting my problem on the forum

i just want to :cry:

That's a pretty big oversight on Apple's part. You'd think there'd be safeguards in place or at least a way to revert.

well my 10k of mp3 are saved ... my friend just reminded me that i recently copied all my mp3s to his new hd when he got it a month ago. That means I retain about 95% of my 10k mp3s but the newer ones shouldn't be that hard to find.

iTunes is very very nice.

Though it lacks some features which really annoy me:

- always on top

- minimize to systemtray

- play WMA and OGG (though I think those are in the planning.... they alreay have the WMA and OGG icons in embedded in the EXE).

- play video (I hate Quicktime)

- auto download album art

- DON'T INSTALL THE IPOD CRAP IF I DON'T HAVE A DAMN IPOD.

Well actually the only feature I adore in iTunes is the playlist sharing thing.... that is just brilliant.

Add that to Winamp 5 and I will never leave my beloved Winamp again.

Comparing iTunes to both Winamp and WMP, I can't say iTunes is better.... different, but not better.

It drops the ball in a couple of areas where WMP and Winamp don't. For a first version of the program it is amazing, but they have a lot to do to satisfy my.

I tunes sucks

it could never beat winamp or windows media player

its nearlly as ugly as the ipod :D

Um - OK, whatever man.

Personally I like the Itunes interface - downloaded it last night, and have been listening to the Radio stations all morning. Personally - much better than WMP or Winamp - the only thing you are probably right about is the skinning options, but a piece of software isnt as good as how well it can be skinned, its as good as it is functional.

My only complaint, is that as I am in the UK - I dont get the full benefits of buying tracks and albums as it is restricted to the US.

(Y) Thumbs up - I really like it.

So far I am not impressed with "The best Windows program ever". It crashes everytime I try to import my Pop/Rock folder. I have 14,633 files in it or about 79 GB of MP3's. Does iTunes have a directory size limitation? ANy way around it?

Thanks.

i Know itunes can handle 120gb/25,000 files+. I've noticed that some mal-formed tags can cause itunes to die on import. Try adding files 1000 at a time and narrow down which file is causing it to crash. Typically you can strip the tags from the 'bad' mp3 with another program (search google) and then add them back within itunes.

MavPhoenix: Disabling Norton firewall solved my prob with the "not enough memory" msg... I can access the store now.

hey I'm using norton and get that message, I shall try disabling it tonight and try the music store again.

Thanks for the tip :woot:

i Know itunes can handle 120gb/25,000 files+. I've noticed that some mal-formed tags can cause itunes to die on import. Try adding files 1000 at a time and narrow down which file is causing it to crash. Typically you can strip the tags from the 'bad' mp3 with another program (search google) and then add them back within itunes.

How can I add 1000 files at a time if I have my music collection organized by artist>album? Impossible.

How can I add 1000 files at a time if I have my music collection organized by artist>album? Impossible.

Open up explorer, select a bunch of artists, drag to iTunes, rinse and repeat.

ok i tried it out. it remained on my harddrive for about 5 minutes. fancy looking app, but pretty useless. mp3 and acc only huh. i prefer one app to do everything so i guess i'm sticking to wmp9

ok i tried it out.? it remained on my harddrive for about 5 minutes.? fancy looking app, but pretty useless. mp3 and acc only huh.?  i prefer one app to do everything so i guess i'm sticking to wmp9

This is the FIRST release on PC, give it some time! I would imagine even the mighty wmp must have been lacking features at version;) ;)

Give this some time, there will be plugins and enhanemen:) :)

yea it has potential but for me to use it, they'll need to add alot more functionality than what it currently has. but thats just me. i'm not saying its junk..

ok i tried it out. it remained on my harddrive for about 5 minutes. fancy looking app, but pretty useless. mp3 and acc only huh. i prefer one app to do everything so i guess i'm sticking to wmp9

there must be a way to play wma and ogg, after all the wma and ogg icons are inside the itunes.exe

,Oct 17 2003, 09:28] there must be a way to play wma and ogg, after all the wma and ogg icons are inside the itunes.exe

There must be, but it's not built in. I was amazed when I imported my album folder and half the songs didnt't show up. I like the library, but not enough to give up Winamp.

athlon 2400+, 512m bram, laggy as hell. runs fine of my friends 3200 with 1gb of ram tho; i must say i added 500 albums, maybe itunes isnt capable of that.

,Oct 18 2003, 00:28] there must be a way to play wma and ogg, after all the wma and ogg icons are inside the itunes.exe

they've been in there for ages. Apple will never support WMA, do you think MS would turn around and throw AAC into windows media player?

and vorbis won't be supported either although there are plugins for the mac, so you can play Ogg files