The 2003 "World Series" Thread

alright!!!!....2 more baby!!!!!....not for nothing, but all of you marlins fans, this was your chance to take SOME kind of control of the series with your best pitcher pitching tonight....too bad we're not the giants or cubs :laugh:

Go yanks!

alright!!!!....2 more baby!!!!!....not for nothing, but all of you marlins fans, this was your chance to take SOME kind of control of the series with your best pitcher pitching tonight....too bad we're not the giants or cubs  :laugh:

Go yanks!

:D!!!

We got this. Clemens tomorrow ... oh man.

Bernie = the man.

ohhhh yeahhhh!!!!

clemens wants nothing else but to close out his career with an amazing game!!! that bombing he recieved from the sox will only help us when hes on the mound tomorrow!!!!!!

YANKS IN 5

180 million payroll yankees vs 50 million marlin payroll.

Go Marlins.

Payroll is balls. I must say i have been a yankee fan my whole life but just because the yankees are paid more doesnt mean they are any better/worse. What difference does money make when you are talking about talent? Im tired of the whole blah blah they have the largest payroll bull. Who cares.

Go Marlins.

Payroll is balls. I must say i have been a yankee fan my whole life but just because the yankees are paid more doesnt mean they are any better/worse. What difference does money make when you are talking about talent? Im tired of the whole blah blah they have the largest payroll bull. Who cares.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't think that they can buy better talent with the extra 130 million dollars? You think if Miami offered Derek Jeter a 1 year 100 million dollar contract he wouldn't jump ship? If you truly believe that more money can't buy more talent, you need to get out a little more...

Go Marlins.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't think that they can buy better talent with the extra 130 million dollars? You think if Miami offered Derek Jeter a 1 year 100 million dollar contract he wouldn't jump ship? If you truly believe that more money can't buy more talent, you need to get out a little more...

I in no way said money CANT buy more talent, i simply said that money doesnt necessarily equal more talent. Just because a team is paid more doesnt mean that they are better.

have to say, being from jersey i am rooting for the yankees... not bandwagon but family love for the yankees.... giants, devils, yankees, nets... hell yeah to all of them :)

Baddum Piisshhhh Marlins sent the Yanks Walking several times to get a chance at hitting a homer. Way to go. Down with the Yanks!! LOL

The Jedi's (Marlins) will Destroy the Empire (Yankees)

notice the Inro Song for the Yankees is the Imperial March LOL and the Marlins get the Jedi Theme... well it suits the Evil Yankee Empire...

Da Da Da DADA DAA DAA Dum Dum Dum DA DA.... Lord Helmet...Spaceballs

Yankees in 5? are you kidding me. More like Marlins in 6. :yes:

Marlins lead series 3-2 (Game 5 Final Score 6-4 Marlins)

I wish I could quote all the Yankee's rock posts into one...haha. "marlins had their chance..." "clemens will take it tonight..." blah blah blah. Marlins 3-2. Beckett pitching game 6. Goodnight, turn off the lights on your way out stage left Yankees.

hmm, marlins up 3-2.. im not gonna count out the yankees yet though.. if it goes 7 games, i think the yanks win, if the marlins are gonna win, i think they will need to do it on saturday

I wish I could quote all the Yankee's rock posts into one...haha. "marlins had their chance..." "clemens will take it tonight..." blah blah blah. Marlins 3-2. Beckett pitching game 6. Goodnight, turn off the lights on your way out stage left Yankees.

ROFL.

Beckett is going to get lit up now that the Yankees hitters have seen him.

Yankees in 7, the lucky Marlins can only be lucky to a certain extent. They won't get past Pettite or Moose.

It's too bad Pro Player stadium is a football stadium, if it had been a normal baseball stadium, Bernie's hit woulda tied it up, and Bernie'd have 4 homers in the WS.

Oh well, no excuses -- losing Wells in the first inning hurt, but Torre made a mistake by putting Contreras in so early. Shoulda asked Wells to stay out for an out, or maybe just 3-4 pitches and let Contreras get warm.

PS- What's with the Marlins bandwagon fans...? I know of like 5 people who suddenly LOVE the Marlins and have "followed" them since the beginning. I also noticed how 3 of the 5 are from Boston... hrm.