'This computer is never obsolete'

eMachines.. Ah, I had one of those at one point. They were pretty much obsolete before you even removed it from the box.

I also had a similar model.. an eMachines eMONSTER 550! The eMonster line had the full P3 chip, instead of the Celeron.

It also had that sticker. I remember thinking, "it will be obsolete in a few weeks probably and one day we will all get a big laugh about it." Guess I was right.

• Like 1

Wow 566MHz Celeron.. niiiiiice.

Not to be Buzz Killington though read the fine print on that label about the never obsolete bit.

• Like 1

Wow that would of become obsolete after it was taken out of the box im sure

Actually, its pretty good example how CPU's of yester year became obsolite really quick. To the point where software and or the operating systems needed to have the cpu upgrade for a speed increase. But now days with modern Core 2's the i series of Intel CPU's and AMD cpu's, are so power full it will take years before an OS or software will slow them down.

I have a i7 920 I built when they first came out late in 2008. So that makes this PC a little under 4 years old. Since them i've upgraded the ram from 6gb to 12gb and added a 80GB Boot drive. It still handles EVERYTHING I would want to do. I don't plan on upgrading this machine for another 4 years.

• Like 3

It was obsolete the day it was bought....i mean, celeron...really?

The old Celerons overclocked like a beast!

Luckily you don't need to upgrade your hardware as often. I'm still running on a rig I built in Oct. 2009, when Windows 7 was released. I haven't upgraded much, except I maxed out the RAM (why not, it was cheap!), and I added a faster SSD recently and got a free graphics card. Sadly, I don't have USB 3.0 built in (I have a PCI-E card that added 2xUSB 3.0 ports), but most importantly, I don't have SATA 3 or PCI-E 3.0. First world problems :rofl:

I had an eMachines laptop when I was at uni (bought it in 2004). Worst piece of junk I've ever owned. It was sent back for repair more times than I care to remember and the last time it was sent back they added all sorts of upgrades to it (probably thinking i deserve something considering it spent more time away from me). I got additional RAM, a larger HDD and better DVD drive and a few other things that I cannot remember.

Celerons...biggest mistake Intel made.

Well then Intel didn't make any serious mistakes in my opinion. Celerons were slower, but they were cheaper. Makes sense to me.

And here's a machine which is more powerful...

6a00d83451b2c969e20168e83761ef970c-500wi

It doesn't runs Windows and all x86 apps. It might be more powerful (if we can even compare Intel/ARM) but it doesn't do the same thing :/

It doesn't runs Windows and all x86 apps. It might be more powerful (if we can even compare Intel/ARM) but it doesn't do the same thing :/

Actually the raspberry pi CPU is equilivent to a 300Mhz x86 in terms of 'power' one of the developers said :p

Actually the raspberry pi CPU is equilivent to a 300Mhz x86 in terms of 'power' one of the developers said :p

So the PC in the first post is almost twice as more powerful ? :p

I owned one of those also. Wasn't that a service that you pay monthly and after a year you could get an upgrade. I think it included internet service too. PeoplePC maybe?