X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quite daring to do this especially as it was close to the 50th year date

That is exactly what I thought when I read Brian Singer's tweet about it this morning. Here's the website btw: The Bent Bullet.

Writer Simon Kinberg explained why the movie sends Wolverine back in time, rather than Kitty Pryde, as it is in the comics:

We made the decision for a lot of reasons, some of them obvious and some of them more nuanced, to make it Wolverine who goes back in time. One reason is that he's the protagonist of the franchise, and probably the most beloved character to a mass audience.

Probably the bigger reason is that when we started thinking about the logistical realities of Kitty's consciousness being sent back in time, to her younger self, as opposed to her physical body being sent back..it was impossible. Obviously in the book it's Kitty, but you're talking about an actress (Ellen Page) who, in the age of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, would have been negative 20 years old. So we started thinking again, and the first reflex response to that was a character who doesn't age. Wolverine is the only character who would look the same in 1973 as he does in the future.

Src

Writer Simon Kinberg explained why the movie sends Wolverine back in time, rather than Kitty Pryde, as it is in the comics:

We made the decision for a lot of reasons, some of them obvious and some of them more nuanced, to make it Wolverine who goes back in time. One reason is that he's the protagonist of the franchise, and probably the most beloved character to a mass audience.

Probably the bigger reason is that when we started thinking about the logistical realities of Kitty's consciousness being sent back in time, to her younger self, as opposed to her physical body being sent back..it was impossible. Obviously in the book it's Kitty, but you're talking about an actress (Ellen Page) who, in the age of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, would have been negative 20 years old. So we started thinking again, and the first reflex response to that was a character who doesn't age. Wolverine is the only character who would look the same in 1973 as he does in the future.

Src

I think those are reasonable, it's easier to do with wolverine actor wise and story wise this way.

I think those are reasonable, it's easier to do with wolverine actor wise and story wise this way.

The most obvious reason, to me, was the time difference. The movies take place in a different time than the comics so it would have been impossible for Kitty Pryde's consciousness to go back in time.

The most obvious reason, to me, was the time difference. The movies take place in a different time than the comics so it would have been impossible for Kitty Pryde's consciousness to go back in time.

Yup, they make that clear with the bit about her being -20yo.

What does that mean?

It means we'll see an X-Men movie with Apocalypse or perhaps even Age of Apocalypse!

It means we'll see an X-Men movie with Apocalypse or perhaps even Age of Apocalypse!

Ah cool. Maybe we'll see some sort of tie-in in Days of Future Past. Should be a sweet post-credits teaser.

I'm sure we'll see something like that! And true that! That could also mean that Wolverine might get his adamantium back on his claws.

I'm sure we'll see something like that! And true that! That could also mean that Wolverine might get his adamantium back on his claws.

How does that happen again? He needs those to be as badass as he can be.

How does that happen again? He needs those to be as badass as he can be.

I'm not sure myself but I did know Apocalypse gave it back to Wolverine. Found this on Comic Vine:

Apocalypse kidnapped him to make him his new Horseman of War. He pitted him against Sabretooth who he had laced his bones with adamantium. When Wolverine won, Apocalypse stripped Sabretooth of his adamantium and used it on Wolverine.

If you look closely, you'll see that that's present day Wolverine, WITH adamantium on his claws. Maybe Magneto was able to help him with the adamantium? I hope they'll explain it in the film. Also, his suit looks awesome.

• Like 1

If you look closely, you'll see that that's present day Wolverine, WITH adamantium on his claws. Maybe Magneto was able to help him with the adamantium? I hope they'll explain it in the film. Also, his suit looks awesome.

If anyone can do it it'd be magneto.

If anyone can do it it'd be magneto.

That's true, haha. I would've hoped it was Apocalypse who'd do it, like in the comics though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes lets hope for continuity sake!

Yes lets hope for continuity sake!

Damien just posted even more Adamantium proof :p They HAVE to explain it and Wolverine's suit looks awesome!