X-Men: Days of Future Past

Refuse to watch all those mini trailers!

they dont do much.. quick bio of the "lesser" known mutants and what abilities they have.  they all have the same xavier voiceover in the background and the clips are mostly recycled from the trailers. 

just got back from seeing it.......holy crap!!! think ive just found my new favourite film! Easily the best X-men film so far, would even go as far to say the best marvel film so far! I was gripped from start to end. The end has a nice surprise as well!

I found it had a good balance between the oldies and newbies (personally being a fan of the oldies, I would've loved to have had more action from them, but thats just me wanting a 4hour film!) , action with the sentinels was epic and quite brutal! I can see why they left rogue on the cutting room floor, though i do hope the bluray release will have a totally uncut version

My only gripes i would say was that it never really explained how charles survived in Last Stand (i know there was a bit at the end of it, but doesnt explain why hes in the same body and still in a wheel chair) and also wolverine having metal claws again, im guessing Magneto wouldve "fixed" that, but still, wouldve been nice to have a quick mention how rather than ignoring part of Last Stand and the end of Wolverine.

just got back from seeing it.......holy crap!!! think ive just found my new favourite film! Easily the best X-men film so far, would even go as far to say the best marvel film so far! I was gripped from start to end. The end has a nice surprise as well!

Damn, I really want to watch it now ;)

Let's face it, Days of Future past retconned X 1-3 and Origins Wolverine (more or less) and rebooted the franchise. Just like a comic would do :)

Bm-Mn2XCcAAMl7Y.jpg:large

This group shoot is ridiculous. At the middle it should be both Charles and Erik in old versions with the young versions next to each other, maybe with a hand over the old ones' shoulders, a link between past and future. Stop with the Wolverine crap, Magneto is the most interesting character here.

This group shoot is ridiculous. At the middle it should be both Charles and Erik in old versions with the young versions next to each other, maybe with a hand over the old ones' shoulders, a link between past and future. Stop with the Wolverine crap, Magneto is the most interesting character here.

But isn't Wolverine the guy who is time traveling through the whole movie? I won't be surprised if the whole movie was based around him

But isn't Wolverine the guy who is time traveling through the whole movie? I won't be surprised if the whole movie was based around him

Then that make him a plot device, at best, but everything starts and ends with Charles and Erik.

He's the only one who doesn't look different and connects past and future, it makes sense to put him in the middle.  Oh and Wolverine is the best X-men Character, haters gonna hate. 

• Like 3

My only gripes i would say was that it never really explained how charles survived in Last Stand (i know there was a bit at the end of it, but doesnt explain why hes in the same body and still in a wheel chair)

I didn't get this either. I need to rewatch the older films (was planning to do it before watching this film) but didn't Jean pretty much obliterate Charles in X3?

Went to see it last night.

Exceptional. Really lived up to the hype, very good film. There was a couple of plot holes, but I think because it's time travel, its effectively changed the story in the previous X-Men films. Because of the change with Cyclops and Jean back etc, 'The Last Stand' basically didn't happen.

Wolverine had bone claws at the end of 'The Wolverine' but had metal in Days of Future Past. Apparently it's believed Magneto did something about this since they weren't really enemies in DOFP. It didn't explain how Charles comes back but I think he transferred his conscience into another human and then projects himself as Charles to everyone who sees him. If that makes sense. . 

Went to see this last night and thought unit was fantastic. The sentinel fights were a lot more brutal than I expected. Bring on Apocalypse

Returned from watching, As others have pointed out I don't understand how the professor was alive in the start of this movie being the Future when he was ripped apart by Jean. This makes little sense to me and really caused a big hole in how things developed to that point.

The hidden scene is something I don't understand either.... anyone care to explain in a spoiler tag?

Returned from watching, As others have pointed out I don't understand how the professor was alive in the start of this movie being the Future when he was ripped apart by Jean. This makes little sense to me and really caused a big hole in how things developed to that point.

The hidden scene is something I don't understand either.... anyone care to explain in a spoiler tag?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen people talking about the end credits scene. It's Apocalypse building the pyramids using his telekinetic powers. I believe they used his original human name En Sabah Nur in that scene. Which is obviously leading up to the next movie. He's the first mutant, and the most powerful basically. Also, immortal.

Pretty much the best X-Men movie to date. The story line and acting was good. Best part was the there were not those stupid quick jokes that movies like to put into it.

Remember to stay after the credits because there is a short video of whats going to happen in the next movie.