Start8 by Stardock works in Windows 8 RTM

I thought Microsoft said they would block third party apps from enabling start menu's but apparently they didnt because

Start8 by Stardock works in Windows 8 RTM version (Build 9200)

Here is a screen shot that i took

If you want Start8, you can get it here.

post-392774-0-66629700-1344139467_thumb.

I thought Microsoft said they would block third party apps from enabling start menu's but apparently they didnt because

Start8 by Stardock works in Windows 8 RTM version (Build 9200)

Here is a screen shot that i took

If you want Start8, you can get it here.

It's because it doesn't just enable the old code that was left in Explorer, they made their own

I was really hope Microsoft would find a way to completly and permantaly block it and all other Start Menu hacks but it looks like they were not able to it would have been the best thing for Windows 8

I've found classic shell to be much nicer for people that are not ready to make the switch just yet and allows you to pretty much stay on the desktop for everything, with start8 its kind of a mesh of the two, but imo not done very nicely and is kind of hard to use. Of course in classic shell you can still access the new start screen by doing the regular gestures and such and its not hidden or anything, classic shell just allows you to not depend on it if you don't want to.http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

I was really hope Microsoft would find a way to completly and permantaly block it and all other Start Menu hacks but it looks like they were not able to it would have been the best thing for Windows 8

Why? I should be able to use my PC however I want.