Samsung Galaxy S3 sold 20 million in 100 days

Remember US release was mid july

DSC_5947-555px_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Samsung's Galaxy S III hit the 10 million mark at the end of July, and in the time since then the company has doubled that figure ? Samsung says it's reached 20 million Galaxy S III sales, 100 days after the handset launched in May. Samsung has also broken down sales by region: the Galaxy S III sold 6 million units in Europe, 4.5 million in Asia, 4 million in North America, and 2.5 million in its home territory of Korea.

While the sales mark was certainly boosted by a substantial number of pre-orders, it's now clear that the Galaxy S III has sustained its momentum after launch. Samsung boasts that the Galaxy S III has sold three times as fast as the Galaxy S II, and six times as fast as the original Galaxy S, and the newest Galaxy is poised to surpass the high marks set by its predecessors: as of June, Samsung had sold 24 million Galaxy S handsets, and 28 million Galaxy S IIs. In the world of Android phones, Samsung's Galaxy is living up to its moniker.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/6/3295903/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-20-million

so at this point, a single phone, from a single Android manufacturer is outselling iPhone.. LOL.. it's not like it's a surprise but just shows how far behind Apple really is at this point.

How are Apple behind when they are unveiling the next iPhone on the 12th? Perhaps after being available for almost 12month, the iPhone 4s just might slow down in sales? Especially around the time Apple is expected to unveil a new one? It is good news for Samsung that their Galaxy S3 is selling well, especially in the heated smartphone market AND with the law suit(s)

so at this point, a single phone, from a single Android manufacturer is outselling iPhone.. LOL.. it's not like it's a surprise but just shows how far behind Apple really is at this point.

To be fair, Apple hasn't released their new flag ship. I'm sure the new iPhone will not disappoint in sales.

Personally, I think the S3 is great, it's design is a little tacky IMO. I am not a fan of the plastic bezel. But that's just me. I may drop back to using my One X yet.

This is what scares Apple. But not worry, the American judicial system might just save the day for Apple! :D

To be fair, Apple hasn't released their new flag ship. I'm sure the new iPhone will not disappoint in sales.

Personally, I think the S3 is great, it's design is a little tacky IMO. I am not a fan of the plastic bezel. But that's just me. I may drop back to using my One X yet.

Have you seen the new leaked iPhone? It's just another iPhone, only a bit bigger nothing innovative. And it comes with a new proprietary connector, making all of your other Apple accessories incompatible! Yay for money hoarder Apple! :D

This is what scares Apple. But not worry, the American judicial system might just save the day for Apple! :D

Have you seen the new leaked iPhone? It's just another iPhone, only a bit bigger nothing innovative. And it comes with a new proprietary connector, making all of your other Apple accessories incompatible! Yay for money hoarder Apple! :D

Outside of the users of websites such as Neowin, how many people actually care?

I like to consider myself neutral to both companies. But say what you like About Samsung, whether they had similar designs years ago means nothing. The iPhone's design is what originally sold it. Since it's been released, they have changed it once (I don't count 2G as it wasn't across the globe), and it still sells like hot cakes.

Samsung wishes they could move units like Apple do.

Why would they change a design that clearly, the majority love to death?

When you have other manufacturers only just catching up, I'd say that's pretty bloody innovative.

My personal preference is Android. I didn't like my 3GS for some reason, but the iPhone 4 is one of the best phones I've ever owned. If the iPhone 5 had a bigger screen, I would be all over it. Not to mention, what you say about the design is purely your opinion, and shouldn't be stated to me as if it is some known fact. I don't like it, but that's not to say it's a bad design.

Can't wait to get mine in October.

Same here, at least the injunction hearing isn't until December 6th so even if apple gets it banned for sale in the US, I'll already have mine :D

Same here, at least the injunction hearing isn't until December 6th so even if apple gets it banned for sale in the US, I'll already have mine :D

Oh that's good to hear :) I was worried about that.

How many units sold Iphone4s in the first 100 days?

approximately about 35 million give or take 2 million

apple opened up the sale on Oct 4th 2011 and in Q4 2011 apple sold 37 million iphones which include 3gs,4,4s.

so removing those other phone numbers and 3(1-3rd of oct) days sale approximately and adding the extra days. could be somewhere there.

just a rough calculation

I opened this thread to say how this is well deserved and that I'm happy they're doing well with their new flagship phone, I skimmed the thread and already after so few replies the usual crap got spilled again...

I'm done with posting here now, I know I just did lol, but really guys, this is a pro-Samsung article, ffs must every topic be filled and derailed with Apple-hate?

Could have been a wonderful topic to read and keep an eye on...

Glassed Silver:mac

Personally I see fewer and fewer people caring about iPhone and more and more buying Android and gasp even Windows phone.

iOS is just stale and they keep playing half assed catch up with what's on Cydia.

No wonder. And android is taking the market as its own, "Android?s market share in the U.S. has risen from 50.8% to 52.2%, iOS is 33.4% and RIM?s BlackBerry OS, Microsoft?s Windows Phone and Nokia?s Symbian were among the minority, with a 9.5%, 3.6% and 0.8% market share, respectively." I almost die laughin at the last percentage, yes, nokia has 0.8% of the market.

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2012/9/comScore_Reports_July_2012_U.S._Mobile_Subscriber_Market_Share

I wonder how many lumia will sell in 100 days, laugh

I am a happy owner of one of these fine phones (Now running CyanogenMod 10) i also convinced 2 of my brother in laws to purchase them.