Please wait while setup detects your hardware

yeah it finally finished, I left the house so Im not sure exactly how long it took. But nearly an hour if not more. I did have linux but all the partitions have been reformatted a couple times since then.

it probably took so long because its a 500 mhz PIII

I got Longhorn installed today, but there were too many memory leaks. Explorer was taking upwards of 120MBs and I was getting blue screens of "Unknown Hard Error"

I gave up and am back on XP. I couldn't launch IE, and the taskbar wouldn't load.

Longhorn's been working pretty well when I've tried it. It's obviously not working as well as XP, but it's definatly been useable for me.

The Hardware Detection probably took about 20 minutes on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few minutes it seems to crash here, i get a black screen for a split second, and after that, the upper half of the install screen, the cursor doesnt do anything anymore, and the entire computer stops responding.

Should i just wait longer?

heh yes this one was really odd :rolleyes: took mine over 14-15 minutes or so to finish setting up the hardware ! :o

Me thinks M$ will have to revise this part of the install some how to say "hey this could take a while" go a way and make a Cup of Tea or Something" :p - would be better than saying 10 minutes :woot: