Acer Aspire V5 video driver problems

I have a customer's laptop it is an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6400.

It had Windows 8 and the customer hated it.

We formatted it (deleted recovery partition too) and installed Windows 7. I installed all drivers and when the standard VGA driver is replaced with the Intel Graphics 3000 driver the video gets very blurry on the screen. When I say blurry, I mean there are lines and the picture is mirrored twice, I will attach a pic.

If I go in device manager and uninstall driver and switch it back to standard VGA, the blurriness goes away but the screen is not as crisp as it should be (needs driver).

I went on Acer's site and downloaded the latest Intel graphics driver from them (even though it's only listed for Windows 8 not 7) and it does not fix the issue. I went on Intel's website and scanned for latest drivers and the latest one there does not fix the issue either.

Windows update installed another Intel driver, that one causes the problem as well.

I'm stumped... so I installed Windows 8 with my USB key and now the Windows 8 built in driver has same issue and even with driver updates the screen is barely readable!! So now I can't even give it back to my customer and say I can't do it, it's worse then when they brought it in!

The BIOS and Windows loading screen shows properly, it's once it's in Windows the problem occurs (driver-related).

post-446347-0-62666000-1368435260.jpg

• 2 weeks later...