remove asp.net

Where is the Autopatcher thingy to remove asp.net?

It's under "Bonus" right above "Registry Tweaks". :) Everything is alphabetically listed now (that was a pain) so you should be able to find it. :D

right above "registry tweaks"?? lol? (i need a cheeky emotic;) ;))

aem4162, calm down and look at this:

If you still can't find it, I'll try to help more, but I need to go to work first (kinda late now)... I'll be back in 25 min or so:D :D

post-89-1068648561.jpg

i'm a bit cranky this morning.

flishfun...do i have to reinstall autopatcher to do that?

Nope, you can run the autopatcher with nothing checked except for that, and it will do it. :) Just tell it not to reboot at the end (hit exit). :D

why did it tell me that stuff was changed and that xp was unstable and that i need to use my xp disk? it didn't ask me if i want to reboot

why did it tell me that stuff was changed and that xp was unstable and that i need to use my xp disk? it didn't ask me if i want to reboot

It told you XP was unstable?? Do you have a screenshot I can look at? Or an exact error message? I'd assume what's going on is that XP thinks it needs that Account because .NET is installed, and it's telling you that you changed a "System Component" and there may be a chance of unstability. Same happens if you manually try to tweak/hack a system file. I believe everything is okay, but I'd like to see a screenie anyways. I know you won't get that if you run it right after install... but I'm not sure about later on.

i think she's referring to the windows file protection error message

which i have only seen in uxtheme failure case.... thus my post... this smells like hot uxtheme :D

which i have only seen in uxtheme failure case.... thus my post... this smells like hot uxtheme :D

That would make sense, but I told her to make sure only the ASP.Net remover was checked. I thought maybe once installed, Windows might think it a required item and come up with the SFC? I don't know... need more info first.

no...i picked several things :(

Well, it should be okay. I assume since you picked a few things it must have been Uxtheme (Raptor is right, since the newest patches have come out, patchin' Uxtheme has gotten a little harder. Lots more issues... thats why I do it before I really install much of anything). That box doesn't really mean anything. It's a built in warning by Microsoft telling you that you changed a system file. Don't pay any attention to it if you know that whatever you were doing would replace/patch a system file. :) So in conclusion, everything should be fine. (Y)