Unofficial AutoPatcher XP Unattended CD Tool

OK~ that sounds amazing!!!!

OK, a request... why not make a feature that allows user to install mini-apps of their choice? Like... Browser... DL Manager... and so on... But ofcourse.. make this limited to a certain size.. (e.g.: you may add a few extra software but is limited to a size of 30MB in total). Make that also path configureable! :D :D

That can be done in the AP itself... :D

Wait wait... I'm a bit lost here... so say.. if I want MyIE2 to be installed simultaneously with Windows XP... I can do that with AutoPatcher XP? But when do I do that? When I'm making the .ISO? or after I'm finish installing the Win XP?

Wait wait... I'm a bit lost here... so say.. if I want MyIE2 to be installed simultaneously with Windows XP... I can do that with AutoPatcher XP? But when do I do that? When I'm making the .ISO? or after I'm finish installing the Win XP?

Go here: AutoPatcher F.A.Q. and download the "CustomPack.zip" at the bottom of the first post. :) Read it, and it'll explain exactly what to do. :D You can technically have AP install almost anything. (Y) It's just that good. lol

Take a look at this one and see what you think. US English orientated, plus requires the install.cmd be in the /autopatch directory. But, knock on wood, so far this one has fully unattended installed, with no errors or questions.

WINNT.rar

This site might help...

http://berns.cae.wisc.edu/pages/wincdman.asp

Proposed Solution:

The script will handle all the necessary file operations for slipstreaming a Windows 2000/XP  single/multi-boot CD and integrating any hot-fixes in it.  The script is written in batch code using a collection of utilities and Windows Command Extensions (won't work under Win 9X).

sorry I didnt know where to add it

also....

Bugs:

Product key didnt go in from Winnt.sif

on the winnt.sif I have from my dell install cd it has quotes around the product key. Could this be why it is not entering (you dont have them)

Would there be a way to make it so if you have sp1 already integrated (dell cd already does) to have an option skip that step. Is there a way you could add support for drivers?

<a href='http://www.<< spam >>/unattended/xp/index.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.<< spam >>/unattended/xp/index.htm</a>

that site has a good article on unattended installs

edit:

well the place is considered spam here so I guess I cant post the link....

Edited by GrimSage

sorry guys i got busy and since this isnt get no cash for me not that i want any cos anybody can do this manually i had to go and work for a while in a big computer deployment support for this product will continue now i guess lol.

sorry guys i got busy and since this isnt get no cash for me not that i want any cos anybody can do this manually i had to go and work for a while in a big computer deployment support for this product will continue now i guess lol.

It's fine man, you still have plenty of time before the Dec release comes out. :)

none taken,

@GrimSage the ""'s around product key are not important, on all other disk i have no brakets

look at when wincdman was last updated, i think the project died and i hope not because it was usefull and taught me much, do not use his script for slipstream hotfixes it doesnt work and give many error to all people who tried it that i know.

Jono

sorry i havent been very active as of late guys just i got important exams and am mostly revising and tryin to catch a few mins of sleep where ever i can.

none taken,

@GrimSage the ""'s around product key are not important, on all other disk i have no brakets

look at when wincdman was last updated, i think the project died and i hope not because it was usefull and taught me much, do not use his script for slipstream hotfixes it doesnt work and give many error to all people who tried it that i know.

Jono

sorry i havent been very active as of late guys just i got important exams and am mostly revising and tryin to catch a few mins of sleep where ever i can.

It's fine man, take your time... we don't mind. :D

• 3 weeks later...

ok here are my plans for the next version (2.0)

1) make the slipstream and autopatcher add more easier to use and test to make sure all works well

2) make a new module format so for user to add an extra program to run after / before autopatcher is as simple as making a folder.

3) make full documentation, comment the batch file better, and make it a lot easier for newbies to use

i would like to say that the new version is gonna be very very diffrent to previous builds being it will actually work and recieve support by myself and anyone who wishes to support me, i am setting up a sourceforge account to hold all files and for details of new versions etc.

please post any comments below and i will try to answer soon as possible

Thanks

Jono

is this handy program gonna be a integrated option with AP?....could be handy if AP could also generate a unattended XP CD (in the slimmed down way...xp install cd size 280MB) :p

is this handy program gonna be a integrated option with AP?....could be handy if AP could also generate a unattended XP CD (in the slimmed down way...xp install cd size 280MB) :p

If they can get it workin' and everything, I'd love to include it in the next version. :D So we'll see. (Y)

Don't seem to have installed any of the updates from auto patcher ?

had to point te program to the xp_sp1.exe for it to do anything...would i have to do the same for the autopatcher too ?

just a few sugestions would it not be possible for the program to use allready uncompressed sp1 and autopatcher dirs ?

also the option to skip overwritttiing files would be a good idea.....

Apex.

Jono, This really is cool! I played around with it a little while killing time waiting for AP's December release. I quit about the time it asked me to run AP and I didn't think it was doing what it was supposed to do. (maybe I was wrong?) Anyway, my point is... Please consider updating this when the December release of Autopatcher is available. I suppose I could just edit the SP-1 section out of the batch file (I got an error when I tried to skip this) or maybe you could write a provision for those using an already slipstreamed WinXP SP-1? Although the guide to slipstream Autopatcher is very impressive and took a lot of hard work, your CD maker tool would be my preferred way to go as I am very lazy. :rolleyes: