A Windows 8.2 Concept

Nice concepts. +1 for the notification center, that would be really nice. The snap and see the start screen in the previously empty space seems cool, but might be confusing to look at, but I can definitely see the functional use. Windows borders, well that is not something that seems to really matter, not to me anyway. But overall, really nice ideas.

However, I cannot understand the borderless windows concept. It has been around for as long as I can remember, at least since Windows XP. Many people made concept images with windows without borders and claimed it looks amazing that way.

Ever since Vista the first thing I do after installing Windows is to set the border padding to 0. That leaves a small glass border that's way less obnoxious then the default obese ones?

I've got an updated version of my concept:

51b4a3fd8e786-concept.thumb.jpg

What's changed:

- Border is back

- Readability of notifications when a notification is openend is Improved

- Context menus on desktop

- Mini-notification center on desktop

When you wasn't there????

Sorry for my bad English, I think to Dutch-ish...

It's good to see more concepts but a bit off topic I don't think the next version will be 8.2. I expect a jump to 8.5 so they can turn around and charge 8/8.1 users a small fee to upgrade. While if it was a 8.2 upgrade you'd hear more of a outcry to make it free like 8.1 is going to be.

Just my guess though.

Well, the version number isn't the point here, beside: it's just a number. It's about the features. That's what matters. :)

Sorry for my bad English, I think to Dutch-ish...

I wouldn't worry about it. Sure, if you were presenting to a more official audience then it would be a larger issue, but I was able to understand the points you were making. That's the main thing. (Y)

There are some interesting looking ideas there. I can't comment on it much more though as I don't use Windows 8 so can't see too many of the finer changes.

I really like these concepts.

I'm glad somebody finally tried to improve upon Win8 in stead of just trying to revert back to Win7.

Good job

Do I present images in those languages? No - thus your point is moot.

To help: "While you were away" would be the best usage here.

Do I present images in those languages? No - thus your point is moot.

SInce you English people started spreading your language all over the world, it got adopted and changed. We now have English-English, American-English, Australian-English, Indian-English and so many more kinds of English.

You made it an international language. There is no more wrong English... if an English speaking person can understand it, it's English. ;)

Still dislike the notification center ideas, and then you want to put 'apps' in it? Just, no. There is nothing there that updated apps and the larger tile sizing in 8.1 couldn't accommodate. It just a backwards way of holding it.

I think we'll see more tile customization. I also like the idea of filling the void with the last app, Start should remain fullscreen. While I like the adaptive context menu, do you really mis-hit those often now? (Explorer targets seem just a hair smaller than WP to me)

If anything I'm surprised no one is playing with a horizontal snap yet.

(OT, lol at Mac window resizer. You overshot it everytime w/out the boarder, and hit it first try with)

Still dislike the notification center ideas, and then you want to put 'apps' in it? Just, no. There is nothing there that updated apps and the larger tile sizing in 8.1 couldn't accommodate. It just a backwards way of holding it.

I think we'll see more tile customization. I also like the idea of filling the void with the last app, Start should remain fullscreen. While I like the adaptive context menu, do you really mis-hit those often now? (Explorer targets seem just a hair smaller than WP to me)

If anything I'm surprised no one is playing with a horizontal snap yet.

(OT, lol at Mac window resizer. You overshot it everytime w/out the boarder, and hit it first try with)

This?

post-309968-0-47887100-1370803837.gif

It was intentional to show the dragable area.

And look how much more you had to 'slow down' that time to hit the target. Then again, mouse acceleration is abysmal in OS X simply because it needs that slow precision to hit anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I still feel that the notification center shouldn't be a swipe down - neither in the next Windows nor Windows Phone, it should be a swipe left.

And would completely work for Windows, in my opinion