Link to SP1

Help, I saw that you posted the link to MS XP SP1 but now can't find it, can someone post it - thanks

Yes I joined Neowin cos of AutoPatcher XP and am well impressed with the concept, have already posted links to AutoPatcher on several boards.

Have been reading the various threads with interest and await the Win2K one

Thanks to all concerned

welcome to neowin, and thank you for your interest... as you can see we have many helpful members here (i see you got a reply in about 4 minutes!)

/Raptor

I'm sorry for been ignorant, may i know which one should i download?

SP1 or SP1a?

Correct me if i am wrong, i seems to heard that one of the patch, either SP1 or SP1a makes the computer very slow. So, kindly enlighten me. :)

Of course, if you're going to use the AutoPatcher, it will give you the option to install Microsoft's Java onto SP1a if you have it. It also has Sun's Java (1.4.2_02) included incase you want to use it. :D So it's purely up to you.

As for system slowdown... if you upgrade to SP1 (either version) and then patch with either Windows Update or, preferably, the AutoPatcher... there should be no slow-down at all. Most experience a speed up if anything. :)

I've had serious issues with the Sun JRE 1.4.2_02.

It seems to cause severe jumps in memory usage and cpu load. I've had to revert to using 1.4.1_04 which seems to be stable.

You might think about including the earlier version in your package.

I've had serious issues with the Sun JRE 1.4.2_02.

It seems to cause severe jumps in memory usage and cpu load. I've had to revert to using 1.4.1_04 which seems to be stable.

You might think about including the earlier version in your package.

Hmmm... I've had no problems with it. Anyone else getting probs with that version of Java (1.4.2_02)?

What exactly can you do with Java?

Every play a game on the internet that wasn't flash? Most likely it was java. Java does a lot... trust me on that.;);)

Help, I saw that you posted the link to MS XP SP1 but now can't find it, can someone post it - thanks

Yes I joined Neowin cos of AutoPatcher XP and am well impressed with the concept, have already posted links to AutoPatcher on several boards.

Thanks to all concerned

I won't get on your case because your new, but next time maybe try visiting WWW.MICROSOFT.COM before you post. It's right there, under Windows XP Downloads.

Thanks to all concerned

I won't get on your case because your new, but next time maybe try visiting WWW.MICROSOFT.COM before you post. It's right there, under Windows XP Downloads.

Guess what, the SP1 link isn't on the Microsoft site...So you're point isn't very valid especially since he didn't ask for SP1a but SP1 which could refer to either.