W Bros. Set 'The Flash' For 2016 and 'Justice League' 2017

Well, it looks like the days of criticising Warner Bros. for not taking advantage of the DC superheroes they hold the right to will soon be over! Following reports that Batman/Superman will be released in 2015, The Hollywood Reporter has now learned that the studio will also announce a movie featuring The Flash for 2016 and then Justice League in 2017. There's still no word on Wonder Woman, although it could be that they decide to introduce her in the superhero ensemble before risking a solo outing. Either way, expect confirmation of this news to follow shortly. The site does also add that they too have heard that Zack Snyder will helm the Batman/Superman movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83738

No more superhero movies, please. 

Please.

A Justice League movie? Are they joking?

Im really hoping that the Spielberg/Lucas prediction of a Hollywood crash comes true.

Please.

Im really hoping that the Spielberg/Lucas prediction of a Hollywood crash comes true.

Yea, I don't know who likes superhero universe crossover stories except young kids into comics for the first time.

Yea, I don't know who likes superhero universe crossover stories except young kids into comics for the first time.

The avengers was good.

No more superhero movies, please. 

Please.

Quit being selfish. Hollywood doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like superhero movies, then don't watch them. A lot of people like them and they do well. The Avengers is the 3rd highest-grossing movie of all time. Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight rises aren't far off at the number 5 and 9 spots, respectively. That's 3 superhero movies in the top 10 highest-grossing movies of all time.

Anyway, I'm happy to learn that they're going forward with a Justice League movie.

Quit being selfish. Hollywood doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like superhero movies, then don't watch them. A lot of people like them and they do well. The Avengers is the 3rd highest-grossing movie of all time. Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight rises aren't far off at the number 5 and 9 spots, respectively. That's 3 superhero movies in the top 10 highest-grossing movies of all time.

Anyway, I'm happy to learn that they're going forward with a Justice League movie.

Every year the average gross profit for movies increases because of inflation, higher movie prices, increased distribution avenues, and lower costs of production due to CGI. That's why ,most of the movies at the top of the list are newer and most of the movies at the bottom are older. They also tend to be big summer blockbusters. Recently, the summer blockbusters given the greenlight by studios are superhero movies because, as movie ticket sales are generally going down, superhero movies tend to be much safer than anything more creative. They have a formula and stick to it. I don't think the numbers mean as much as you say.

But noted, at the moment, they are earning the studios profit.

Lets keep this about the topic and now about if Hollywood should stop this or not. You can create a separate topic about that instead of hijacking this one. It's so easy anyways; if you don't like it, why keep yourself busy with it? Just forget about it and move on to something you actually DO like. Your worlds aren't shattered by the fact that there are people on this world who makes these kinds of movies. Or wait... time is shifting into a new timeline where it is a possibility... BRACE YOURSELF!

On Topic: Finally DC is pushing things forward. I can't wait to see all this on the big screen, haha.

Judging by the amout of money superhero crossovers make... a bunch of people.

Judging by the amout of money superhero crossovers make... a bunch of people.

Also, nostalgic fans (the old-school comics fans) - why else has interest in the Golden Age and Silver Age (both DC and Marvel, for that matter) remained constant?

• 5 months later...