Where to download?

Hi I am trying hard to download the full 189MB~ autopatcher November update - but so far I haven't had any luck. I tried the Bittorrent links, but haven't had a byte from them in 3 days. Does anyone here have any direct links, or ftp links I could use?

In any case I don't quite understand the install instructions for updating Autopatcher XP 4.0 Final. I do not have a file called Autopatcher XP 4.0 final. However I do have a file called AutopatcherXP_Gold.

Do I need this other file, or should I just rename AutopatcherXP_Gold to Autopatcher XP 4.0 Final?

Also is it possible to use Autopatcher as part of a silent install of Windows XP? It woud be cool if I could just point wint.sif to a single executable, rather that having to keep writing new lines for each hotfix. (It's also very difficult without Autopatcher to keep track of XP patches - they seem to come so often...).

Any help anyone can giveon any of these questions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Q

No that's just a link back to the non working bittorrent files. Never mind I figured out the patching process.

The only thing now is that there are a bunch of additional options, several of which I would like to select as part of a silent install. As things stand i curently cannot do this. Is there a way to enable these options as default so that they are installed as part of a silent install?

Q

Some Links for you:

1. Download Links

2. F.A.Q.

Now then. If you want to make your selections Default, rather than the defaults that come with it. Just click the "Save As Default" button. When you do that it will re-write the file and make what you want default. Then when you do the silent install, that's what will install. :)

Hope that helps. ;)

Oh ok, I really am a dumbass *@*er, sorry... I never noticed the 'save as default' button...

Well anyway hopefully this will be the last question. But the whole point of this for me is a silent install.

I wonder though, have I got the silent install correct? I put a folder called AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final in a directory called F:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Hotfixes and then I did this in my batch file:

CLS
@echo off
endlocal
ECHO Installing Autopatcher XP
set AutoPatcherXP_Dir=%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\apxp_run.exe
"%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\apxp_run.exe" /s /noreboot

Is this correct? I want the patching process to be completely silent....

Again, any input is appreciated.

Q

Oh ok, I really am a dumbass *@*er, sorry... I never noticed the 'save as default' button...

Well anyway hopefully this will be the last question. But the whole point of this for me is a silent install.

I wonder though, have I got the silent install correct? I put a folder called AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final in a directory called F:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Hotfixes and then I did this in my batch file:

CLS
@echo off
endlocal
set AutoPatcherXP_Dir=%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\apxp_run.exe
"%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\apxp_run.exe" /s /noreboot

Is this correct? I want the patching process to be completely silent....

Again, any input is appreciated.

Q

That's very close, change it to this:

CLS
@echo off
endlocal
set AutoPatcherXP_Dir=%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\AutoPatcher_XP.exe
"%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\AutoPatcher_XP.exe.exe" /unattend /noreboot /noeula /nochecks

For more info you can look through this: Topic on Silent Unattended Installs

And for a list of Switches (and what they do), look here: AutoPatcher Switches

Should be this:

CLS

@echo off

"%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\AutoPatcher_XP.exe" /unattend /noeula

Jason... WE DONT NEED ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE ANYMORE... And /nochecks is already 'included' in /unattend!

Should be this:

CLS

@echo off

"%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\AutoPatcher_XP_4.0_Final\AutoPatcher_XP.exe" /unattend /noeula

Jason... WE DONT NEED ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE ANYMORE... And /nochecks is already 'included' in /unattend!

:slaps my forehead: Sorry! Forgot about that. It doesn't hurt anything, though... does it?

no, but if you continue using it, it will create a hell more confusion... simplicity my friend! and we should stop cramming up pcs with environmental variables when we really dont use them anymore... and since command prompt is stupid :D

no, but if you continue using it, it will create a hell more confusion... simplicity my friend! and we should stop cramming up pcs with environmental variables when we really dont use them anymore... and since command prompt is stupid :D
Well I know it won't be there in Dec... I just keep forgettin' you changed it in the Nov release right before it was sent out. lol

though we are getting off-topic here:

jason, in december release, give me a list with all the files you gonna include... and i mean filenames... :D... and you *are* going to move all those batch files in a \Batches now, right?

/Raptor

though we are getting off-topic here:

jason, in december release, give me a list with all the files you gonna include... and i mean filenames... :D... and you *are* going to move all those batch files in a \Batches now, right?

/Raptor

I don't have a compilation of the files yet. lol But I've already moved them to the Batches folder. I even made a "Documentation" folder that contains the readme, and everything else. :D